Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Got Stopped By The Police On Friday

JappyBeast

Driving home Friday night and there were LOADs of police cars going about and parked at junctions.. carried on past them and one followed me and then pulled me up.

He got out and told me to shut the car off and 'pop into the back for a min'.. ask I got out of the car he said its just that there are alot of MR2's getting stolen at the moment, I pointed to the car and said "but its purple".. he said "you never know".

Got in the back, he did a numberplate check and everything was ok.. he was very polite about it and said he wont waste my time with a producer.

Thing is.. there seems to be loads more MR2's going about in my area at the moment.. wonder if they are all stolen!

So MR2 drivers.. beware!! You might get stoppped also!

Thats what they always say. I have been stopped driving my old 309 GTI, and my Fiesta Sport..both with, theres a lot of Fiestas / 309's being stolen at the moment.....who the hell would steal a 309 !!! haha

Thought that!

Bet they say it for every car, just that I havent been stopped in so long. If my car did get stolen they wouldnt get far without being spotted.

yeah, wouldnt really miss it going down the road hey, if you reported a stolen purple mr2 !!

Supose they dont say their checking if its stolen...in case it is...and you do one !! lol

Having an orange Hi-Vi on the passenger seat always seems to get me out of anything, been pulled three times in the last few months doing just under or over a tonne, they see the orange, ask what I do, then bid me a safe journey :huh:

Probably find they are just casing you out for being a chav.. If you give them any lip or cheek they slap you with a producer and check your car over with a fine tooth comb.. Probably just bored coppers.

I pulled up to some lights in Reading on Sunday night next to the "undercover" W reg Omega the police use, sat there pretending to fiddle with my stereo, pulled away with them nice and slowly, indicated to pull across as the road merged and they came screaming up my inside mouthing at me then proceeded to do 40mph in front of me... Think they were hoping I hadnt noticed and go for a sub 10 quarter so they could chase me..

Too many cops on the road, not enough on the street !!!

how had you been driving before? changing lanes or such?

I was pulled about 12 months ago.

left London about 8 - about 1 mile from home, about 1 am.

I had left the M53 and joined a main road - a road I drive a lot.

After a certain point, I always drive in the right hand lane, because of the atrocious state of the inside lane, potholes and manhole covers galore.

I was pulled over for doing 34 in a 30 (which I am slightly dubious of anyway - I knew the copper was behind me).

He basically used that as an excuse to stop me and get me in the car with him so he could smell my breath.

He thought my driving was erratic - as I swapped lanes for no good reason (despite indicating).

I explained about the potholes etc - and he was sorta happy about it.

but as he could tell from my breathe and manner, I had obviously not been drinking - and so he just let me go.

may be the same for you JB - he just wanted to get a good look at you, smell if you had been drinking or such

Was travelling down the M5 approaching Bristol at 3am in the morning. Car is registered Newcastle.

Was doing 90ish average in my MK1 (was about 5 years ago). In the mirror i see headlights screaming up behind me (must have been doing 130 to catch me up), and slowed down and drove behind me for about 5 miles.

I kept on going 90-95ish for next 5 miles or so, car behind pulls off away at the next junction, and for a brief second flashes his blue lights as he goes up the slip road while I carry on down the M5.

They not all bad !

I havnt been pulled once yet in my car in about one and a half years of driving whereas everyone i know my age that that drives gets pulled about once a week!

CB :thumbsup:

how had you been driving before? changing lanes or such?

I was pulled about 12 months ago.

left London about 8 - about 1 mile from home, about 1 am.

I had left the M53 and joined a main road - a road I drive a lot.

After a certain point, I always drive in the right hand lane, because of the atrocious state of the inside lane, potholes and manhole covers galore.

I was pulled over for doing 34 in a 30 (which I am slightly dubious of anyway - I knew the copper was behind me).

He basically used that as an excuse to stop me and get me in the car with him so he could smell my breath.

He thought my driving was erratic - as I swapped lanes for no good reason (despite indicating).

I explained about the potholes etc - and he was sorta happy about it.

but as he could tell from my breathe and manner, I had obviously not been drinking - and so he just let me go.

may be the same for you JB - he just wanted to get a good look at you, smell if you had been drinking or such

When I came up to the lights he must have been sitting there for a while, so he hadnt seen me racing a Pug205 (with some sort of monster engine) on the M4. Thankfully ! :thumbsup:

Think you might have it spot on there... I had been to a meet down mansfield that night and I also thought he might have got me in the car to see if I had been drinking.

IMHO its better they are checking for stolen '2 as if your's was stolen you'd hope that they would be checking. A PITA yes but kinda re-assuring all the same :)

I used to get stopped all the time...

"is this your car?" ... erm... no I've just stolen it!! ... lol. Of course it is!!

I even got stopped once... stepped out of my car.... police were like.. "nice car... how much did it cost.. an import? ... how much to insure?... what's that scoop for" .... lol... can't complain as they were nice as pie tho.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links