Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Daft Question, About Washers

Karma Supra

Hi Folks... heres one for ya...

I should know with doing design at uni and all that but I didn;t tend to listen too much in the engineering lectures... :bookworm:

I Am replacing the cam cover screws on my supras, the stock ones always die, and cause oil leaks everywhere, the heads get rounded and they are a pain, I have sourced some nice allen head maching bolts in stainless... :D

The stock ones have a rubber washer/grommit that helps stop them from undoing when subjected to vibrations, which I'll not be able to use...

If I use standard washers they will undo, if I over tighten them I'll kill the oil seals, so short of using thread lock, what can I use???

Are split washers the right ones for high vibration low torque bolts???? :wacko:

Ta! :thumbsup:

The Vibration washers we used to use in work were like these -, VC180532-01.jpg

.:Bigger Pic:.

Used to use them when I was a plant fitter on the main carrier bolts for a Motabert rock breaker, they might be a bit over engineered for a cam cover. ;)

Used to use them when I was a plant fitter on the main carrier bolts for a Motabert rock breaker, they might be a bit over engineered for a cam cover. ;)

Im cautious.. :D

Those split/spring washers should be fine, although the ones with the jaggered/star inside a circle would probably be better ;)

Cheers guys I'll have a look!!!

Might as well wait untill I do the tappets, fit polished cam covers, and fit nwew oil seals! Preferable before "the Ring"

Giddlepin You used to work with plant??? I don;t supose you know any contacts that want a fleet management system do ya? :D

Cheers guys I'll have a look!!!

Giddlepin You used to work with plant??? I don;t supose you know any contacts that want a  fleet management system do ya?  :D

The last plant company I worked for six years ago, ran a Priestman Tiger and a Mustang 120!-------What do you think? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links