Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Engine Build

ms-glanza-cyprus

I have not decided to go for the 2.0 litre conversion.

I bought a very low milage 4EFTE complete engine.

As we speak the engine is being worked on.

What answers and figures could you give me on some of the following?

bored out a bit

JE Pistons

Crower RODS

DARTON Sleeved block

Magnecor spark leads

TODA cam pulleys

TODA cam belt

TODA valve springs

port and polishing the 4efte head.

crankshaft (anyone know an aftermarket producer?)

power FC ECU

HKS BOV SSQV

TIAL EXTERNAL WASTEGATE

Custom flow manifold.

A turbo from a Subaru Forester.

A massive intercooler in the front , forge.

samco all around

TRD oil cooler

Blitz Air filter (POD)

3 angle valve job

HKS exaust

downpipe

I want to run crazy boost and to do so ive been reassured everything has to be rienforced.

What do you think about the sleeved block?

dont bore it out, the block gets weak.

get ross pistons, they are good. job numberts below:

stock compression 8.2:1 : 67268

Low Compression 8.0:1 : 102810

talk to toyotasera.co.uk for the magnecors

dont get crower rods, they will cost you a bomb, youll need to get them to custom make the rods. get some argo rods. they are great rods. and are available for the 4efte.

toyota cam belt is fine

as for the cams, get the standard ones reground.

get cruise valve springs, www.cruise-power.co.jp

no aftermarket crank as i know of, get the stock one acid hardened

eBay for the power FC and BOV

eBay for the wastegate

sysports.biz for the manifold turbo and downpipe

youll need to take it to a samco dealer, as no kit is available for the entire engine.

intercooler, get a spearco cooler from eBay.

sysports.biz for the oil cooler

dont get a blitz air filter, apexi are better, ebay or sysports.biz

takakaira.co.jp for the exaust.

hope this helps mate!

thanks for the advise rick. I hope you can understand my sorrow due to the engine going booom. :)

My girlfriend is right next to me and i just swore ill be kicking evos and scoobys any day soon :)

Whats your advise on a turbo. Something that will give the kick through the entire rev range , no lagging , spinning fast and going full boost early. Anything in mind?

Due to the weight difference in the moving parts of the engine that will be changed , do you think that the revving will become a little bit more wild?

cheers , and super thanks for the help.

Mario...

whats your reqirements.

if your after monster bhp then obviusly the turbo required to achive that desired figure will suffer from some eliment of lag.

Ismat is a preson who imports top quality new used and fabricated gear from japan. his croneys have developed a hybrid ct9 that should fill the requirements that you have mentioned.

he is found on the gt turbo site.

a tdo4 kit is a step above that.

if your after monster figures the wee men from the far east plump for the tdo5. were talking 300plus figures with this bad boy

also something to think about why your engine is in bits is a 5e block.

increases dipslacememt to 1500 cc all for the price of a cheep block.

something id recomend if your rebuilding your engine.

geo, ismats website is sysports.biz :P thats why i put it up. hes a good guy..

and about the turbo.

you wont get a turbo that gives hard boost all through the revs. either no lag and small boost or lag and big boost... sorry mate.

id say a td04 turbo is good. if your willing to spend the money, cruise make a kit that is just amazing, but it costs alot of money..

or if you can splash out some money, get a garret GT25/40R turbo. they are evil things give amazing boost and spool qwuite fast aswell.

to be honest all i really want is insane power without doing a complete conversion. Id like to keep stuff like engine mounts and transmission the way the factory gives them to you :)

As for insane power , wheel spinning is an issue. When my car was running on the old engine before i snapped the rods , after 5,000 rpm it wheelspinned quite a , all through 2nd gear , and a tiny bit of 3rd.

Is a TRD LSD , 17" alloys with 225/15 tyres a solution? the wheels will take away a bit of the cars temper though :(

I reckon 350 bhp on a 830kg car is exactly what im looking for.

Ill settle for lag until the turbine spins. Thats not a problem. Whats more important is for the engine to be able to hop fast enough to the turbo kick-in range.

What kind of power do you think exists in a large turbo setup after the factory redline? Is it safe with the forged and rienforced gear im getting to go beyond the redline? I think so.. what ya think?

the transmission will hold up. but the mounts will not, youll need uprated ones, TRD make some.

for big big power youll need big brakes, so youll need at least 17"s.

brownster has 18 inch wheels that are 8 inches wide. so use that as a base.

be warned though mate, 350 will cost you lots of money.. well well into 5 figures.

and about the redline, with forged pistons and rods, and head work, youll be able to go to 9k without too much trouble.

well i dont know if this will help , but im on a 5efe , forge rodz an pistons , lightened flywheel ( cusco) t3/t4 , fmic , custom mani , 440 cc injectors , mr2 fuel pump , samco all round , obx bov , adaptronic engine mgt , bilstein coilovers , rrfpr , upgraded stabilizin bars , front an back strut brace , trd quickshift , full RSR exhaust . wilwood big barke kit , 17 wedsport racing rims. im running 22lbs , boosting at 3200 rpm , this car now feels insane , i have not met one evo nor scooby that can catch it , the only thing i have been beatin by was a turbocharged type R RSX . I havent gotten her one the dino yet but thats next on my list

that sounds absolutely MY STYLE. we should ride sometime if your pass my sunny streets ;)

Whats the quarter mile with a scooby like? Must be great.

Are you running your excess gasses through an internal wastegate? Thats not wise if you are.

Im looking for a setup much like yours but due to my perfectionist madness running through me... it just has to be... better :)

I wont tolerate any kind of !Removed! little honda wigling its vtec while passing by me :)

add cam pulleys , more boost , power fc ecu , external wastegate. I think that should give you a tadbit more....

IMPORTANT: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT ME USING THE 1.5 YARIS RS VVTI ENGINE FOR MY SETUP? ANY THOUGHTS MUCH APRECIATED. THANKS

hugs n kisses , mario...

doubt he'd be driving anywhere near you anytime soon, barbados is a tad far :P

and i think you'll find that there are no cam gears / pulleys for the engine as it uses a pseudo dual cam (they're geared into one another hence any tuning to one is reflected on the other). if you meant underdrive pulleys, then yeah, they exist

and the yaris engine, well i mean it wouldn't be too bad but small engines always have a limit to where they can go powerwise. there's loadsa turbo kits for the yaris, so i dunno, it could be game

Stick with the Glanza V engine mate. It's got a lotmore aftermarket parts for it, it's a lot easier to tune. If you're gonna stick a 1.5 RS lump in it, you might as well buy an RS

• 2 years later...

Ive got a 92 Gt Starlet

175000kms

Compression tested ok about 30000km ago!

Running 10psi.

Dyno 85KW at the wheels. Is this average.

Going to rebuild for around 140-150 at the wheels. But want it STRONG. Any ideas and/or budget i should allow. Im in the Sydney.

Cheers,

im using these rods in the rolla (well same make just for the 3S) they look top notch and have good specs.

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone who is selling a GT28R turbo, with a freeflow stainless steel manifold, external wastegate and downpipe, all to suit a Starlet. He has a big front mount to go with it and sure it could be wrestled away from him to. Its a complete kit ready to bolt on.

This is a good turbo, ballbearing, spools up quick. Gives good power gains on a Starlet from 0.8 bar to 1.5 bar boost. With the correct supporting mods also.

Send me your mobile number if intersted and I will pass it on to him if you want.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links