Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got This Dump Valve

MR2 liamb7

Just got myself this BOV on eBay.com. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7&category=6763

Looks like a nightmare to fit (dont want to weld it). What do you guys think of this valve? it looks identical to the hks type. Was searching through some old posts and as my car is a 1991 jreg it seems that you cant put a bov on the earlier mr2 turbo models as it causes to many problems. Can anybody put my mind at rest?

cheers liam :thumbsup:

It says delivery to the US only ?? ;)

I have a BOV on my Rev1 - no problems except a bit of fuel dumping if you change gear as the boost comes up - just makes a bit of a pop...well bang :eek: , but thats all :thumbsup:

It says delivery to the US only ?? ;)

I have a BOV on my Rev1 - no problems except a bit of fuel dumping if you change gear as the boost comes up - just makes a bit of a pop...well bang  :eek: , but thats all  :thumbsup:

What bov ya got then boundsw, did it need welding and setting up? So u think i should fit it? :thumbsup:

Well, Hardcore Jap Moders are gonna hate this, but i just got a Bailey Dump Valve.

At first I just removed the return pipe from the re-circ valve (the stock 'internal dump valve' if you like) and then the hole in the inlet feed needs to be blocked (just a handy tip - its about a 19mm hole - and modt wooden broom handles are about 19mm so a 1/2" - 1" cut of a broom handle blocks that a treat!! Not that i have done that - kinda :P )

Then i just put me dump valve in the hose from the stock re-circ valve, and connected up with a 'T' of a vacume pipe. Now this aint ideal, and probably not as loud as it could / should be as all the pressure is being held back by the stock valve, and then when the vacume pipes go vacume from boost (ie foot of the gas) the stock valve and the Dump Valve have to open to release the air !

But i dont have any problem with it ! :D

I do have (check out sig) a T piece on order from Samco, which goes between the hard pipe and the IC. When that arrives i am tossing up leaving the stock re-circ valve in place (with vacume disconnected - so it wont ever open basically) or having the hole welded over ?!?!?!.

I was gonna have my Bailey welded in the hole where the stock one fits, but was advised against it. If the welding warps the valve in anyway - and it does not seal then you are f**ked basically !! :o

Well, Hardcore Jap Moders are gonna hate this, but i just got a Bailey Dump Valve.

At first I just removed the return pipe from the re-circ valve (the stock 'internal dump valve' if you like) and then the hole in the inlet feed needs to be blocked (just a handy tip - its about a 19mm hole - and modt wooden broom handles are about 19mm so a 1/2" - 1" cut of a broom handle blocks that a treat!! Not that i have done that - kinda :P )

Then i just put me dump valve in the hose from the stock re-circ valve, and connected up with a 'T' of a vacume pipe. Now this aint ideal, and probably not as loud as it could / should be as all the pressure is being held back by the stock valve, and then when the vacume pipes go vacume from boost (ie foot of the gas) the stock valve and the Dump Valve have to open to release the air !

But i dont have any problem with it ! :D

I do have (check out sig) a T piece on order from Samco, which goes between the hard pipe and the IC. When that arrives i am tossing up leaving the stock re-circ valve in place (with vacume disconnected - so it wont ever open basically) or having the hole welded over ?!?!?!.

I was gonna have my Bailey welded in the hole where the stock one fits, but was advised against it. If the welding warps the valve in anyway - and it does not seal then you are f**ked basically !!  :o

sorry to be a pain but could u send pics so i can see your setup, i am still lost on this but thats me being dum i bet :wacko::thumbsup:

Right. This is a stock looking engine bay.

The Yellow Cicle is the re-circ valve

The Red Line is the / a vacume pipe feeding the re-circ valve

The Green line is the path of the re-circ pipe to the inlet

The purple circle is the end of the recirc pipe (which would need to be blocked if removed)

The Blue arrow is the clip that holds the re-circ pipe, and is where my BOV goes at the mo

The Red Circle is where the Samco T piece for the BOV goes (when it comes)

The red lines would need to be 'T'd and a second feed added to the new BOV.

thats how mine is any ways

dunno how to operate this damned thing..how do i upload pics ? - PM me your email if you like and ill send you the pic !

You should easily be able to get that HKS looking dump valve to firt your motor. Basically in place of the STOCK recirc valve. I know somewhere like my local garage could easily fabricate a mounting braket etc to enable it to fit.

Also with these types of BOV's, you shouldn't get any issues with MR2s with AFMs. You can adjust the pre-load on the BOV spring which will enable you to eliminate any issues... ie, stalling etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links