Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Boost With Cold Air?

aa120n

i've read that when the air temp is lower than 5 degrees the 2 won't boost as much just to 5 psi on a standard car. something to do with the air being denser, so it doesn't need to boost as much to get the same power.

has anyone else heard of this and is it true? cus i'm only getting about 5 psi at the min :huh:

i've read that when the air temp is lower than 5 degrees the 2 won't boost as much just to 5 psi on a standard car. something to do with the air being denser, so it doesn't need to boost as much to get the same power.

has anyone else heard of this and is it true? cus i'm only getting about 5 psi at the min :huh:

Ive heard this too, but i also heard that a fuel cut defender + boost controller

will disable it...

I cant remember with my car, it boosts to 1bar now heh

The vsv is a built in 'bleed valve' for the 2 which gives it dual boost. (0.5 bar low and 0.7 bar high on a rev1 i think - higher on other revisions).

It keeps the car in low boost in very cold conditions, when the engine is not up to temp, and under other circumstances controlled by the ecu.

The vsv is fed from by second pipe coming from the actuator (turbo - actuator - vsv).

The vsv opens under good conditions to 'bleed' off some air, so the actuator will stay closed for longer and increse the boost. :D

Do not disable the vsv on a STOCK car (cut the feed, and block the actuator side) as the car will then be stuck in low boost !! :o

But DO disable it on a modded car (boost controller / bleed valve / G-Valve) to prevent boost spikes !

The vsv is not disbaled BY a FCD, or BY a Boost controller. It must be Disabled with these items !! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links