Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ntl: Cable

Chappers

But there is a bit of problem with Downloading all day at full speed, when you get capped

how much !Removed! do you need to download? :D

They will contact you if ur over use is degradeing the service for other users. I only download over night so I would like to see them justify altering my service.

They will contact you if ur over use is degradeing the service for other users. I only download over night so I would like to see them justify altering my service.

NTL dont really enforce the cap. I know for a fact that you would only ever be contacted if you repeatedly went over the cap to quite an extent.

Think of it more of a guidline for suggested usage.

BT Broadband via ADSL is a different matter however. Going over the cap on this ADSL will result in paying extra for the additional use.

NTL always had a cap on the 1mb service before these new speed upgrades. Many customers were never aware that the servide HAD a cap. Did they ever go over the cap at any time? Probably. I dont really see it as being anything to be concerned about unless you are downloading movies all the time. In which case you are probably breaking the law anyway ;)

Yes I was told by an NTL technician that they dont even have the technology to enforce a cap yet anyway.

ntl: are developing software for ntl: customers, so that the customer [us] can keep an eye on our downloads ..

Until this software comes out, you do not have 'cap' :thumbsup:

They have the ability to flag up heavy use and act on it, but no cap as such.

This in my opinion is a good thing and will probably be like this for quite some time to come.

Yeah NTL are useless at enforcing anything... I have heard of NTL technicians reporting pubs for using consumer basic packages chipped so they have all channels and using it in their pub widescreen etc.

NTL are just happy to be getting 15quid off the customer and cba going round and getting the money they should.

But there is a bit of problem with Downloading all day at full speed, when you get capped

how much !Removed! do you need to download? :D

more than 30 gig

This month I've downloaded 14.7gig so far

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links