Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

95 Avalon spark plugs

Avalon95

I'm planning to change the spark plugs on my 95 Avalon XL. After I removed the plastic cover above engine, I only find three plug wires right under the cover where I found 3 spark plugs.

WHERE are the other three???(or only three???) Can someone tell me and are those hidden three easy to be changed by myself?

Thanks.

Avalon95

• 1 year later...

I am in the same situation with my 1996 XLS. I have purchased the wires and plugs, but see only the three rear-ward plugwells and of course, their 3 coil wires leading from on top of the engine. I believe that the other 3 plugs may be directly connected under the coils, but I am awaiting procurment of documentation on the 3.0 1mfze engine before jumping into the task further. Good shop manuals are either very expensive, (OEM) or just plain rare.

Anyone else been through this? Help from anyone more experienced would be greatly appreciated!

When you look down at the coild there is 3 places.

Top left unhooks and runs under the V-cover

Top right is a nut, remove it and pull up the coil to get to the plugs.

The Bottom right leads around back to the other spark plugs like one of you said.

The plugs are in deep, an extension will be needed. A small chunk of vacumm line may help when replacing them.

USE ANTI-SIEZE on the spark plug threads when you put new ones in. Else they might tend to become one with the head. making removing them next time a real (choose your own word)

The 1MZ uses a special double grounded spark plug. There spendy but make sure you get them as the other won't work right.

Hope this helps.

Happy Wrenching.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links