Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Simple Question Mr2 2.2

balkaum

what is the oficial toyota time 0-60mph for the mr2 2.2 130hp engine

what is the oficial toyota time 0-60mph for the mr2 2.2 130hp engine

Not sure But the mk 2 N/A 3SGE 2.0L does it in 7.2 secs but that has 160 bhp dont think yours would be far off that

Is that the mk3?

I didn't realise any mr2's come with a 2.2 displacement ..

Id say it more than likely has a stroker kit fitted as ive never heard of a 2.2 standard MR2 engine

Is that the mk3?

Id say it more than likely has a stroker kit fitted as ive never heard of a 2.2 standard MR2 engine

That's what I thought .. as HKS do a stroker kit, but then it wouldn't be an official toyota 0-60 (62) time :ph34r:

Is that the mk3?

That's what I thought .. as HKS do a stroker kit, but then it wouldn't be an official toyota 0-60 (62) time :ph34r:

Very true, I think the only way that will find its 0-60 time will be a few 1/4mile drags which can do the 0-60 calculations.

You learn something every day ive never seen one before.

Ive tryed to find the stats for one but there is very little infomation about them but

Id say the 0-60 time will be in the mid to late 7's

Sorry i cant help you anymore with that but there must be someone in the MR2 section who will know.

And im sure they will be as shocked as i am that Toyota made a 2.2 MR2

Indeed, definately something new!!

Wonder how strong those blocks are and if they are as good as the 3S-GE/GTE to modify?

in europe this engine come in the camry, at least the camry sold in portugal

Indeed, definately something new!!

Wonder how strong those blocks are and if they are as good as the 3S-GE/GTE to modify?

wouldnt like to say but the trouble with 3SGE is it difficult to get any major extra BHP out of it without nitrous but the 3SGTE a hole different matter ive know them to reach over 300 bhp with stock internals and there was one with 700+ bhp fantastic engine.

think it's the 5s-fe in the american mr2 iirc think you'll find it in the 8-9's 0-60 really

It's the 2.2 litre version of our 119bhp coupe 3S-FE. Basically a stroked bottom end with the narrow angle 16V head. The low power doesn't make much difference on the acceleration front as it's torque you need for 0-60 and the 2.2 has an enormous amount. I would think 0-60 would be around 7.5s but a 3S-GE will pull away once over 60.

You can use the 2.2 bottom end to stroke a 3S-G(T)E but it's weaker than any stroker kit on the market as it was never intended to get serious power. You'd have to change the pistons too as they have the combustion chamber dished into them. There's also no oil spray for the underside of the pistons.

It's the 2.2 litre version of our 119bhp coupe 3S-FE. Basically a stroked bottom end with the narrow angle 16V head. The low power doesn't make much difference on the acceleration front as it's torque you need for 0-60 and the 2.2 has an enormous amount. I would think 0-60 would be around 7.5s but a 3S-GE will pull away once over 60.

You can use the 2.2 bottom end to stroke a 3S-G(T)E but it's weaker than any stroker kit on the market as it was never intended to get serious power. You'd have to change the pistons too as they have the combustion chamber dished into them. There's also no oil spray for the underside of the pistons.

Well i'll be damned!lol a 2.2 version of my old 3S-FE!lol :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links