Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Or Xsara?

m4rk scotland

Well that is partly true, I must admit I've struggled on occasions against some new hatchbacks, they seem to weigh bugger all compared to the MR2 and their handling is more forgiving especially in wet conditions.

To be honest, whatever car you get there will always be other cars that will beat you. The N/A is pretty quick, 0-60 in 7.7ish secs isn't bad at all.

thats the thing. the car looks faster than it is. if your sitting at the lights and a pug 106 gti pulls along side joe blog would think wow look at that sports car thatl easyly beat that wee car!! but it wont! 106gti is 0-60 in 7.7 aswell. saxo vts seat cupra turbo's, renault clio's old and new!, civic vti,mazda mx6 mini cooper, rover 200vi, vauxhall cavilier v6 get my point,

none look as if they should be as quick or quiker than an mr2 N/A.

but iv already made my mind up and will be getting an mr2 anyway!!

(obviously the tubby would show all these up but a bit out my price and insurance range.... for now :thumbsup: )

The advantage is, chavs can rarely spot a tubby from an n/a and prob wont risk a race. But if you think you might get shown up, just cruise and leave em wondering. You always look cooler when you do that anyway. But if its a chav in a pikey scogger car, make em suffer!!!!! :lol::thumbsup:

Well that is partly true, I must admit I've struggled on occasions against some new hatchbacks, they seem to weigh bugger all compared to the MR2 and their handling is more forgiving especially in wet conditions.

To be honest, whatever car you get there will always be other cars that will beat you. The N/A is pretty quick, 0-60 in 7.7ish secs isn't bad at all.

thats the thing. the car looks faster than it is. if your sitting at the lights and a pug 106 gti pulls along side joe blog would think wow look at that sports car thatl easyly beat that wee car!! but it wont! 106gti is 0-60 in 7.7 aswell. saxo vts seat cupra turbo's, renault clio's old and new!, civic vti,mazda mx6 mini cooper, rover 200vi, vauxhall cavilier v6 get my point,

(obviously the tubby would show all these up but a bit out my price and insurance range.... for now :thumbsup: )

The advantage is, chavs can rarely spot a tubby from an n/a and prob wont risk a race. But if you think you might get shown up, just cruise and leave em wondering. You always look cooler when you do that anyway. But if its a chav in a pikey scogger car, make em suffer!!!!! :lol::thumbsup:

I really ****** off an n/a driver in my old sierra 2.0....

Anyway I wouldn't waste my time racing chavs in shopping trolleys... The MR2 isn't about straight line speed, it's the whole package that makes it such a great car.

thats the thing.  the car looks faster than it is.  if your sitting at the lights and a pug 106 gti pulls along side joe blog would think wow look at that sports car thatl easyly beat that wee car!!  but it wont!  106gti is 0-60 in 7.7 aswell. saxo vts seat cupra turbo's, renault clio's old and new!, civic vti,mazda mx6 mini cooper, rover 200vi, vauxhall cavilier v6  get my point, 

(obviously the tubby would show all these up but a bit out my price and insurance range....  for now :thumbsup: )

All those cars you mentioned are front engined and front wheel drive. They may have higher peak bhp but compared to a mid engined RWD car they'll still be sat at the lights with the tryes smoking, when the MR2 is 30 yards down the road. Once moving however, things are much more even.

Anyway the 3s-ge engine is more potent than the figures suggest. Last night I pretty much kept up with a civic r up to 120 (with more to go). Sure he was quicker to 80ish, but I think he was as miffed as me when I stayed with him.

But if you're worried about being shown up by a faster car, you dont have to race them. If it's obvious that your not trying to compete, they'll never know that they'd have been faster. One thing that's cooler than a fast car, is a fast car that's not being driven fast.

ha ha good replys, yeh the im too cool to race card will come out!! canny wait to get one, 3 months now!!

naah its a decent question i reckon, if ur going by paper figures.

However like many have said the MR2 looks better, and has more potential :D

Plus you can leave cars around corners, the MR2 handles beautifully!

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links