Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh Man Did I Crap Myself....

poultonjoe

anyway, heres my story.

driving home from work tonight about 9:30, its 10 miles to my house from work and a load of straight roads and roundabouts so im tanking it as usual....

i'd been following this vectra i think for a mile or so when i decided to overtake him, anyway he decides to put his foot down when i pull out but i eventually get past him at about 6 grand in 4th.

as soon as i do however these flashing blue lights come out of no-where inbetween the bumper and bottom of the bonnet.....so i indicate off at the next roundabout which was half a mile away and pull into the petrol station only for him to continue past me! :thumbsup:

what the :censor: was that? any ideas anyone? an elabourate joke?

all i could think of when the lights were on was 'please say i wasn't doing more than 100' :P

anyway, heres my story.

Possible options:-

1 - Unmarked police traffic car that either was just making a point, driver having a laugh/couldn't be bothered or was just late off shift.........

2 - Some idiot (possible as we are talking Vectra driver...) who thiks it is a jolly wheeze to fit some flashing blue lights behind their grill..........illeagal but I bet he/she has some fun with it....................

anyway, heres my story.

driving home from work tonight about 9:30, its 10 miles to my house from work and a load of straight roads and roundabouts so im tanking it as usual....

i'd been following this  vectra i think for a mile or so when i decided to overtake him, anyway he decides to put his foot down when i pull out but i eventually get past him at about 6 grand in 4th.

as soon as i do however these flashing blue lights come out of no-where inbetween the bumper and bottom of the bonnet.....so i indicate off at the next roundabout which was half a mile away and pull into the petrol station only for him to continue past me!  :thumbsup:

what the  :censor:  was that? any ideas anyone? an elabourate joke?

all i could think of when the lights were on was 'please say i wasn't doing more than 100' :P

looking back at this im unsure it was the police as he overtook a slow driver/car on a solid line coming out of town which is a 30 zone (just before it turns to 60 zone). I am still not sure however :eek:

My girlfriend's dad is a fire chief and had blue lights behind the grill in his old company car.

If I were in his car and saw someone doing something a little naughty, I'd be very tempted to switch the lights on for a laugh :D

BUT if in your case it were someone from the fireservice doing that and they got caught, they'd be in just as much trouble as you.

It may have been CID or other police division on their way to something and thought they'd causion you whilst not having the time to stop you. Keep a close eye on your letter box ;)

Did you make a note of the reg? I'd report it to the police.

If it was an unmarked police car then I think they would have pulled you over if they were bothered about issueing you with a ticket.

Take down the numberplate and call 999, i've done it before and watched the car being searched from top to bottom in the town centre :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links