Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Turbo Blown !

boundsw

Just fitted a stg 1 ct26 turbo - which i bought secong hand (kinda stupidly i guess now) of the internet. :wacko:

Well its been on my 2 all of a week, and i was driving to Oxford at the weekend, droped to 4th to overtake, pulled back in, went to acelerate a minute latter - NO boost, no even one bit, so stopped to check car, all looks good. No Boost though, no spool up - nothing, so the shaft has obviosuly cracked / snapped - GREAT ! :censor:

Obviously no come back / gaurantee ! - so time to for a NEW turbo.

Either srage one or two turbo.

But ct26 or ct20 stg 1 / 2 ? - What would people recomend ! ? :thumbsup:

Cheers :D

You sure it's the turbo? Have you checked it with the induction kit off to see if the turbine wheel will move or how much free play there is in the shaft?

If it has gone, then a decent CT20 will give you a fair increase in power. :thumbsup:

Yeah EarL tried that mate.

Had the induction kit off the car, and you can see, if you try an start it, the compressor side does not move at all, so it can't be connected to the exhaust side.

Alo now htere is quite a bit of play in the shaft. :censor:

The car drive fine, just like a N/A - (but VERY slowly - I guess because of the compression ratio differnace on a N/A tubby)

Suppose you learn the hard way - you just can't really buy stuff like this second hand - you never know how its been treated ! :angry:

I am off to turbo technics to buy a NEW turbo today ! :eek: :D

Want a stg 1 as i said, would you recomend a stg 1 ct20b over a stage 1 ct26. ;)

Cheers :thumbsup:

Looking on Fensport - and now cant decide which one to buy

Stage 1 or 2 Ct26

or Stage 1 Ct 20b

Stage 1 ct26 - Larger Com wheel (dont say size?) - choice of actuator - ratted to 1 bar

or between

Stage 2 ct26 - 48mm Com wheel - uprated actuator - ratted to 1.2 bar.

Stage 1 ct20 - 48mm Com wheel - dunno about actuator (dont say) - ratted to 1.2 bar

Both the same price and look the same on paper - what do you guys recon ? Which onw to go for ?

The ct20's have a larger than stock steel shaft (as they are prone to breaking !)

Cant decide now

heh well im running my standard newely bought CT26 , not stage 1 at just over 1bar... fensport said that was fine

yeah i was running my stock ct26 at 1 bar also, but as ive blown me stage 1 st26 i wanted to upgrade as im gonna get a new one.

cant decide between st2 ct 26, and stg 1 st20 - both look the same - but whcih would be better ?

Stage 1 would be better less chance of future faults because of the larger

con wheel, depends how much u want to spend :)

Stage 1 would be better less chance of future faults because of the larger

con wheel, depends how much u want to spend :)

Yeah am defo going stg 1 or 2 :D

torn between stg 2 ct26 and stg 1 ct20b - dunno which would be better?

Same price, and same spec (looks like on paper - see earlier in thread)

???? ;)

Stage 1 CT20.

Better breathing capabilities. Just make sure it has a steel shaft and not the stock ceramic crap. :thumbsup:

Stage 1 CT20.

Better breathing capabilities.  Just make sure it has a steel shaft and not the stock ceramic crap.  :thumbsup:

Know what you mean, aint gonna have that "ceramic crap" again...dont worry about that. :yes:

Spoke to fensport,

A stg 2 ct26 is the same as a stg1 ct20b. :thumbsup:

Just that a ct26 is designed for my car, but they will both fit - dont matter which one i go for they said, both will be the same perfomance wise, the reason the stg 2 ct26 matches the stage 1 ct20 is becuase the stock ct20 is equal to a stage 1 ct26 - if you get me !! :wacko:

Cheers EarL, and other for ya advice...now just to spend the cash ! :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links