Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Calling Nasp Owners/ex Owners

Fitz

This weekend I went over to my mate, Tallbloke's house so his mum would make me lunch, and we could also sort his ICE out and compare cars for the first time in the daylight.

We needed to get some bits from the shops for his ICE so we went out in my nasp. Now bear in mind, he has a turbo with an aftermarket exhaust.....I got the revs over 3K and my standard nasp factory exhaust starts to let out a nice raspy bwrrrrrrrrrm sort of noise. Below 3K and she is nice and silent.

Tallbloke says I must have a blowing exhaust but I think not as I just had the car MOT'd last week and I'd have thought a blow on the exhaust would be spotted and fail the MOT. Instead, he comments that I have a mint example.

So....should a nasp get a nice raspy exhaust note over 3k or do I have a blowing exhaust?

Answers on a postcard....or just post here if you can't find one.

does have a bit of a rasp to it, like a small burble sound, do u have an induction kit fitted?

does have a bit of a rasp to it, like a small burble sound, do u have an induction kit fitted?

Mine is bog standard, not even a panel filter. It's only as the revs build up the noise gets raspy. To me it sounds quite natural where as blowing exhausts tend to get quite a deep noise.

I should think with an induction, it would be sounding quite awesome and somewhat like it was fitted with webber 45's.

Mine is bog standard, not even a panel filter. It's only as the revs build up the noise gets raspy. To me it sounds quite natural where as blowing exhausts tend to get quite a deep noise.

I should think with an induction, it would be sounding quite awesome and somewhat like it was fitted with webber 45's.

Mine sounds amazing with apexi induction kit (and stand zorst) but it did have a nice growl to it beforehand when it was standard. I bet yours is fine. They sound better than people expect. :yes:

My rev1 na definalty changes tone above 3K, if your really concerned tho I would let the car tickover and carefully hold you hand (or bit of paper) near the flexi pipe and the join between the backbox and downpipe and see if the you can feel it blowing.

My rev1 na definalty changes tone above 3K, if your really concerned tho I would let the car tickover and carefully hold you hand (or bit of paper) near the flexi pipe and the join between the backbox and downpipe and see if the you can feel it blowing.

Nah, I'm not concerned about it, infact you guys have made me sure it's fine. Think it's just another thing my mate is jelous of to be honest. hehe, he hates the fact I got a black MR2, despite him having a turbo B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links