Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reasons For Turbo Not Working?

aa120n

firstly, on the standard turbo gauge i sure i should be hitting the top of it(+) but i'm going getting half way. :angry:

does anyone know why this could be and what i can do to get it working correctly?

i'm running on optimax, i've reset the ecu, and i've take for split pipes or leaks from the air filter to the turbo. :wacko:

and has anyone used a rolling road in the midlands area and nwould they recommend them? :yes:

sounds like same problem as me mate, car stuck in "limp mode" iv been told it could be anything from dodgy actuator, or disabled vsv valve, or worn dizzy/ rotorarm plugs etc... its really annoying... sos cant help with r/road but im sure some one will....

hope u get it sorted..

firstly, on the standard turbo gauge i sure i should be hitting the top of it(+) but i'm going getting half way. :angry:

does anyone know why this could be and what i can do to get it working correctly?

i'm running on optimax, i've reset the ecu, and i've take for split pipes or leaks from the air filter to the turbo. :wacko:

and has anyone used a rolling road in the midlands area and nwould they recommend them? :yes:

On a standard mr2 Boost should only read half way up the guage

And prob the best rollin road in the Midlands is john nobles in chesterfield

Cheers Dale

On a standard mr2 Boost should only read half way up the guage

And prob the best rollin road in the Midlands is john nobles in chesterfield

Cheers Dale

Itll be about halfway in safe mode (<5degrees ambient temperature or water temperature less than a quarter way). When the ECU thinks all conditions are fine then the needle should reach the + mark. A proper boost guage would be a more reliable indication though...

is there anyway of tellin what the ecu is thinking?

like why it could b stuck in safe mode? :blink:

and how much is it gona cost be a boost gauge to be fitted? or is it better to do it myself?

yes matey, just what deus said before, all to do with the old less than 4 or 5 degrees outside boost cut.

only way to fool the ecu is get the engine warmer, some people use a different thermostat which lets the engine warm a lot more before it opens, or i believe fitting a fuel cut defender will also remove this annoying restriction.

i speak from experience as my standard tubby is also suffering from this at the mo', although mine is 3/4 boost, not half :P

don't worry fella, the sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray, just wish he'd get here sooner, so our tubbys can go and play,...hey :thumbsup:

I have been getting exactly the same problem, I have a feeling its the valve in the manifold that is controlled by the actuator is either leaking or the actuator is faulty. Its worse on cold days, but its pretty random. I am going to just live with it for now as I seem to get much better fuel economy when its happening and see if its just too much cold air.

I have been getting exactly the same problem, I have a feeling its the valve in the manifold that is controlled by the actuator is either leaking or the actuator is faulty. Its worse on cold days, but its pretty random. I am going to just live with it for now as I seem to get much better fuel economy when its happening and see if its just too much cold air.

is there anyway of testing this valve and the actuator? it's doing my head in cus i'm know something's wrong with it. :angry:

Thor Racing in Kennilworth, Warwickshire :thumbsup:

Us lot at NJCF have a R/R day planned for Thor coming up soon. Two spaces left ;)

NJCF - Northants Jap

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links