Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Some Solid Proof 0-100kmh (0-62mph)

xoom

Hi All,

Just thought id post this up here for anyone who is interested.

We have been struggling in Aus to prove the Sportivo (aka t-sport) is capable of a sub 8 seconds 0-100km/h (0-62mph).

All the major magazine were unable to crack the 8 second mark.

Finally from South Africa a review which shows how the car once driven in loosens up and really opens up

In this review which was done when the car was brand new (March 2003) indicated they were only capable of 8.58 seconds http://www.cartoday.com/content/car_magazi...ndex1.asp?id=21

Then in September 2003 they did a re-test and managed a 7.88 seconds

http://www.cartoday.com/content/car_magazi...dex1.asp?id=146

The other piece to this puzzle is the South African(RunX) and Australian(Sportivo) where fitted with an ECU which was not allowing for the car to perform to its figures on paper and was only producing about 132kw (175bhp) and not the advertised 141kw (190bhp) (this has now been rectified and toyota did a recall for all owners and fitted a new ECU - on the dyno an increase of 5kw-7kw at the wheels which is about 7kw-10kw extra at the fly wheel thus reaching the advertised 141kw give or take a kw as many did before and after dyno's) I dont know if this was a problem for the t-sport or if it has been raised in Europe at all ????

So with more power and torque than the one tested which achieved a 7.88 the car i would have to say is now achieving mid 7's quiet easily.

I didnt write this to start another 0-62mph debate but i am simply presenting the facts.

cheers

Bill

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links