Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stuff From Our Budies In The Us

boundsw

I have been looking at a Body Kit for my car recently, and have come accross may sites in the US which sell stuff for the Mr2.

You can pick up a whole kit for about $500, which by todays rates is about 1/2 that in £GBP :D

Has anyone ever ordered anything like this from the US, what charges were applied at customs ? / what are the charges ? ;)

Any info welcome, Cheers :thumbsup:

you will have to pay tax but if they class the kit as a sample you dont have to pay it, it all depends on them though,

I got a dump valve as you know mate from eBay.com. I would highly recommend getting items from the USA as it works out so much cheaper including postage. I know a mate of mine who got a 21" tft from the USA and he asked the company to ship it as a gift as this works out even more cheaper, he saved £££'s. Go for it mate.

you will have to pay tax but if they class the kit as a sample you dont have to pay it, it all depends on them though,

not true

if its valued over £18 you pay VAT and import duty. :(

not true

17.5 % VAT i guess, and how much is import duty ? ;)

Anyone know, Just wanna know how much ill be forking out ! :thumbsup:

i remember hearin this when some people bought carbon hoods, even paul (of christine & paul) said summit bout this when he bought his bodykit.

not true

You can claim the import duty back. When the package is delivered you will have to pay the import tax on receipt of delivery. Make sure the company marks it as a gift prior to sending.

On the package will be a collection of reciepts and forms, on the back of one will be a contact number that you can phone and request a form that you fill in to claim it back from the courier.

You only have to pay import duty if your classed as a business and not personal items. I have ordered several eBay items from the states and got the import duty back. You can't do anything about the VAT, but hey still another saving.

Kev

Can anyone reccomend a US site that sells the Bomex Scoops??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links