Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Lowering Springs

Surinder

hi..

Finally got the springs this week :rolleyes:

Planning on installing them this weekend, weather permitting..

Can any one advise on what tools are required? already have spring compressors, metric socket set, and adjustable spanner. Do i need anything else like allen keys, thread lock etc. ?

Also, under the bonnet where the strut is attached, does the middle nut (under the black cap) hold the strut in place or does it keep the whole spring/strut in one piece?

TIA for any help...

Surinder....

hi

spoke to westlands and they will supply and fit the springs for £230 all in.

oh directline insurance wanted more money too extra £12 till September might be an extra £50 at renewal time.

hi

spoke to westlands and they will supply and fit the springs for £230 all in.

oh directline insurance wanted more money too extra £12 till September might be an extra £50 at renewal time.

still worth every penny though :)

hi..

they quoted me £270, 140 ish for the springs and 130 for fitting.

figured i do it myself, the back springs should be easy. Its the front ones that may be a pain.

Oh well, all will reveal itself this weekend. Either i'll have saved myself some cash (with which i'll order an induction kit) :D , or i'll have to go back to the dealer for install.. bye bye induction kit :crybaby:

surinder...

hi..

lowering spring installed today, took 3 hours and my arms are killing !!!!

thing is the car has'nt droppped by 30mm, looks more like around 10. Asked my mate to translate the german instructions for me, and he rekons the instruction say that it drops a standard yaris by 30mm, as tsport is 20mm lower than standard you only get a 10mm drop, but his german isnt that good .

Also it looks as if the front has dropped more than the back.

Also they havent affected the handling of the car that much, its a bit sharper going into turns but nothing to get excited about.

I'd be interesetd in hearing other peoples experiances with these springs, maybe i was just expecting too much from them :unsure:

looks a lot better tho. even with such a small drop B)

I will write up some instrutions on how I (definatly not the best way, but it did the job) installed the springs.

Surinder...

springs take about a week to fully bed in. i have h+r springs on my yaris t-sport and the handlings much better.

Hi sthandi

Which lowering springs have you got? I have got tte lowering spings. I can tell you this mate. My car sits a lot lower than that mate. TTE springs lower the yaris a further 30mm lower to the ground. The handling is very sharp now. Ride is a little firmer now on the yaris t sport now.

After awhile your car should drop a little more as the springs settle down. I would like to know what springs you brought. Still seems a little high there.

How i checked my car was that on the rear and front wheels i used to be able to get about four finger under the wheel arch. Now i struggle to get two fingers. So i has drop by a fair bit.

jerry!!

hi..

TTE 30mm lowering springs (made by Eibach and rebadged TTE), direct from dealer.

i guess the same as you. I just told the dealer my car reg. and he said these would drop it by 30mm. I'v got the part number somewhere i'll dig it later. I can get just over 2 fingers in the front and about 3/4 in the back.

The back is defo lower, i smashed my head in the lock this morning :ffs: nearly woke the whole street up with my swearing :lol:

Surinder...

:D :D :D :D :D

looks like me just being an impatient git. the car has dropped quite a lot overnight, not quite 30mm but close enough. i guess the rest will come over the next few weeks.

Handling is much better though. downside is damn dash rattles even more now. Mainly on the drivers side.

next induction kit or tinted windows ????

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

which induction kit is best, hks or blitz?

got ages to wait before i decide anyway, next paycheck is a whole month away :(

thanx for your advice guys....

Surinder...

the drop looks about right from your photos. heres mine with also about 30mm drop. on Aussie King springs

post-40-1054021412.jpg

The drop on mine was at least 30mm with the tte springs-worth every penny(even with a premium hike of £30 a year)

Peter.

...they quoted me £270, 140 ish for the springs and 130 for fitting....

£130 for fitting??? Double that is the quote I got! How long did they say it would take?

2.5 hours, took me 3 and i didnt have all the tools and had to lift one wheel at a time. Bit of a con realy.

Took me 45 minutes just to remove two nuts cos they wer on so tight :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links