Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Problems - Mr2 Turbo - Help?

Buckie

Hello,

Need some help on a problem which is driving me mad...

When I floor it, boost guage shoots up to 1.1bar then reduces very quickly to around 0.5bar (within 1k revs worth)... If I hold the foot down, all of a sudden ALL boost drops off (ie the guage goes into negative).

I may have a small hole/split in the last remaining rubber samco turbo pipe prior to the engine block, however would this cause this type of behaviour?

Seems a bit extreme the complete and total loss of boost if I keep accelerating...

could it be an actuator problem or BOV issue (the dump valve is an adjustable greedy piston type?? There is no smoke from the back, am sure the turbo is ok etc..

Ordered a replacment pipe and will fit.

any ideas.

thanks

Soft Actuators can casue the boost to fall off quickly, try getting a new uprated / adjustable one.

A split and/or dodgy BOV would only cause the boost to drop / go to 0, if that

Even N/A cars run at 0 when you are accelerating, and below 0 (vacume) during idle, so is dont see how it can be 0 or below (vacume) when accelerating ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links