Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuse

houston

imy lighter doesnt work so i justthought it was fuse, but the one i checked (box in drivers footwell, fuse in bottom left) is ok, is there another fuse for this i dont know about before i start checkin wiring?

Hou, I have to 'jiggle' my phone charger in the lighter socket to get it to work, maybe it's a similar thing?

it was me that blew the fuse by using a portable heater, the lighter was fine till i left it on for a long time, think the amp rating wasnt enough.

i mostly use the lighter for my snooper but i dont speed anyway(honest officer!)

Hou, I have to 'jiggle' my phone charger in the lighter socket to get it to work, maybe it's a similar thing?

I also have that... Plus when I try unplug anything (even the lighter itself) it has the annoying habit of pulling the whole socket out of the dash :angry:

i blew my cig lighter at JAE last year by having my laptop and inverter plugged in all day!

if your fuses are intact - as mine were im afraid you've blown the actual lighter. there is a small element at the back of the unit (the opening that the push in lighter fits into), and these burn out very easily - i was told by toyota.

you can get a brand new one from them for about 30 quid - thats the whole unit including a nice new lighter. bulb is about a quid extra. :thumbsup:

be prepared for the unit to not fit as nice as it did before - infact mine sometimes pulls out of the dash a bit when pulling on the lighter! :crybaby:

try opening the contacts inside the hole up , but take the earth off the Battery first,then it may just work , dont trust the snooper to not get you a fine as i found out recently.thanks to a lazer gun.

dash clocks fine, lighter itself is a good snug fit so it must be the element as dj davo said, not gonna bother fixing it cos i can do without it. thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

Sounds like the same thing with mine,

its never worked since before i bought the car.

Not worried, i dont smoke... would be handy for the phone charger though. :rolleyes:

thought i'd ressurect this thread as im just going through my paperwork and found the receipt for the lighter stuff.

i know you and rico dont fancy bothering with getting a new one but if making the process simpler by including part numbers helps - here you are:

CIGAR LIGHTER T85500-17040 £21.76

BULB, SWITCHES T84999-10250 £3.43

VAT £4.41 - TOTAL £29.60

can't believe i paid 4 quid for a bulb?! :o

hth :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links