Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cat Back System

asimshafaat

im getting a cat bak system for ma corolla 98 model 1.6 Gs (UK) i want the car to be really loud and i mean really as dats how i love cars......im finking of gettin it decatted, stainless steel pipe wid no silencer and a four inch exhaust.

but i have been told dat i might not be able to get it decatted cuz it might decrease da performance depending on da car...is dat true for dis car ?

and dey also sed dat dey will hav to put a silencer on but dey will put a better one on. dey hav to put it otherwise i will lose bacl pressure or sumet and da performance will decreasse. im just finking though will ma carr b loud or not ?

I'm no exhaust expert but as far as i'm aware removing the Cat would increase performance, I've had a High Flow Sports Cat installed in my corolla and its dramatically improved mid range, lost a little a lower revs maybe 5% but gained probably close to 20% improvement mid range, I would think getting rid of it completely would improve Mid and High end performance and detract from low end.

I think its illegal for them to remove the cat at least thats what the garage that did mine said if Ministry Of Transport catch them i think they can close them down, its why I chose a sports cat perfectly legal no hassles at MOT time and increased performance, not sure about the silencer thing again it could be a legal requirement? I know old 2 strokes used to perform better with some back pressure not sure about newer 4 stroke engines though, I know there's no silencers in an F1 car or the new MotoGP bikes...

Of course this could all be b0ll0cks...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links