Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie... After Some Help

Deacon

Hello,

I've always fancied a MR2 and have seen one that I'm quite interested in. Its a 1997 R (Rev4?), 2 owners, 17000 miles, and full service history.

mr2front.jpg

mr2rear.jpg

I've had a look at the buyers guides and other advice on the site but wondered if there were any other points I should be looking for when I go to see the car. Also it seems to have multispoke wheels on it which I presume are after market wheels?

Thanks for your help,

Deacon

Is that £7000 in the window???? Thats a :censor: bargain at that mileage. Even if its £7999 it is cos you'll chip him down a bit i bet. If its from a good dealer theres rarely much else to check as you have comeback. They should have done it already but get it HPI'd and look at the mileometer to make sure it lines up correctly and hasn't been clocked. Mines a 97 R t-bar ( Rev 4 :thumbsup: ) in Goodwood Green but it cost me £7.4k last aug with 57000 miles!!!

Check condition and for accident damage, but dealers usually do this and dont have bad ones. Check for other mods as well so you know its not been thrashed as they will be aftermarket wheels. nice ones though! If its t-bar check / ask about leaks from roof, i think its moonroof though so that prob affects price quite a bit. Also read any buyers guides.

Looks like an absolute bargain to me if you like the colour. I dont otherwise i'd try and beat you to it!!!

If its mint, get in quick, the suns starting to come out now and they'll be getting snapped up.

Good luck and let us know what happens :thumbsup:

Cheers for the reply c master. What's the colour called do you know? Also I've always steered clear of buying cars with any mods before, should aftermarket wheels be any problems?

Deacon

Cheers for the reply c master. What's the colour called do you know? Also I've always steered clear of buying cars with any mods before, should aftermarket wheels be any problems?

Deacon

Dont know the proper name of the colour but the dealer should. I'm the same, mine was totally original when bought but i would have bought one with aftermarket wheels.

I'm not a fan of the standard ones so it makes sense that anyone who likes the car would change them. And not some rude boy who wants to look flash. They dont look like that type of alloy either, just classier than standard. Also, mr2's of that age will be owned by people who can afford to have the right size and quality wheel fitted. With that mileage it must have been cherished so its unlikely to have had any rubbish work done. I'd consider the wheels a bonus and not something to be put off by :thumbsup:

Damn thats one fine looking MR2...

You got all the info you need from C-master.. but good luck with it.. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links