Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport

Blacksheep

You always seem to hear about problems with cars on these forums.

Well i'm posting this to tell everybody how chuffed I am with my TSport corolla I've now done 8000 miles no rattles, squeaks, and just a pleasure to drive.

Whats promted me to this is 2 examples which have happened to me in the last 2 days.

Yesterday while driving to work in the morning (damp drizzly) I lost control of my car thanks to some diesel dumped by some local quarry lorries on a corner on a nice fast B-Road, it frightened the life out of me and with a few countersteers and lots of beeping I somehow managed not to total myself or the car, this partially down to luck but I think mostly down to the VSC system on the car... :eek:

On the other extreme today been mountain biking in the morning get into the car to drive home and its boiling 18Deg and glorious sunshine, hit the Climate Control button and withing 5 mins its a very pleasant 16deg nice... :thumbsup:

So I am super stoked with my T Sport and just wanted to share it... :group-cuddles:

You always seem to hear about problems with cars on these forums.........

[snip]

You certainly do but that is the nature of the beast..........

When I owned Discovery you could not move on their forums for owners with problems with LR ownership.

Now that said I'm also a very happy CTS owner, I just love the way it performs,

The handling could be a bit better IMHO but this is generally the result when you fit a very powerful engine to a shopping trolley ;)

It looks just great, takes abot 15 mins to wash to a nice shine (1 hour minimum for a Discovery...) and it sounds great too. The external fit and finish is great as is the fit of all the external panels and bumpers.

If I was going to criticise anything it would be -

1- the horn is crap for such a nippy car, such a car needs a LOUD!!! horn,

2 - xeon headlights would have been nice too,

Oh and the handling, the CTS just feels a bit 'nervous' to me,

Jan's mx-5 however feels as if it is on rails...... :P

The CTS handling is nothing I can't get used to but I can't help but feel a type-r would handle better.......

Still love my CTS though...... :D

I too got my CTS about the same time as Blacksheep, and have 7,800 miles on it, now over 8k as the missus has just gone to plymouth in it. Apart from the brakes which have been seen to be the garage, I am also very happy with the car. In the dry it its great, in the wet I am probably a bit more nervous than it is. :blink: .

As for handling it is great, if not as "on rails" as my 4x4 mondeo lowered with upraded brakes ect ect. But as this is still standard and will have perf parts added as stock ones wear out. As with power, when the mondeo comes out of the corner and nails it, nowt happens. :censor: As the CTS comes out of the corner & on to "lift" :lol::lol::lol: .

As for handling against the CTR, the CTR would seem to be better, but as with the miles myself & blacksheep are doing, aprox 16k/a I dont think the CTR would be as comfarable to drive.

Along time ago I drove a mates pug 1.9gt. When he was going to scotland from b/stoke he borrowed my asta as it was easier to drive long distances, but nowhere near as good a car as the pug. Now the CTR & CTS are a lot closer to each other in perf ratings than these 2 cars were but are again as different. CTS or long crusing drives with fun attached. :yes: CTR fun car that can be a pain to drive long distances due to the driver input required. Great when out for a ride, pain when doing 200+ miles to start a days work.

My 2p

Great little car..

trev :group-cuddles:

I got my CTS over a year ago (Jan 04) & I done 19,000 plus miles now.

I think it handles quite well, but could do with much faster steering rack. Three & half turns lock to lock is a bit slow (my 1995 clio 1.4RT had that rate of steering).

It's best in the wet :thumbsup: , where it doesn't aquaplain as easy as some cars.

The VCS recently managed to warn me of a punture (as well as the car feelling a over steery.

I'm fairly happy with it B) , but would be more if the dealer was more use :cacker: .

pb5

Forgive my ignorance here.

The T-sport, is this the 2ZZ-GE motor with 170-180 hp?

I'm assuming it is essentially the same as what we call the Corolla XRS (6 speed 170hp 1.8)

only you all get the excellent hatch Corollas instead of being limited to the sedan only as we are.

Thanks!

Hi,

2zz-GE has for Europe 189hp-192hp at 7.800 revs!

It is slighty dif. from Matrix & Celica made for USA!

Regards,

Mircea

Along time ago I drove a mates pug 1.9gt. When he was going to scotland from b/stoke he borrowed my asta as it was easier to drive long distances, but nowhere near as good a car as the pug.
big fan of 205gtis nothing beats em for driver enjoyment (ive never got out of any other car feeling the way i used to get out of mine)

You always seem to hear about problems with cars on these forums.........

[snip]

You certainly do but that is the nature of the beast..........

When I owned Discovery you could not move on their forums for owners with problems with LR ownership.

Now that said I'm also a very happy CTS owner, I just love the way it performs,

The handling could be a bit better IMHO but this is generally the result when you fit a very powerful engine to a shopping trolley ;)

It looks just great, takes abot 15 mins to wash to a nice shine (1 hour minimum for a Discovery...) and it sounds great too. The external fit and finish is great as is the fit of all the external panels and bumpers.

If I was going to criticise anything it would be -

1- the horn is crap for such a nippy car, such a car needs a LOUD!!! horn,

2 - xeon headlights would have been nice too,

Oh and the handling, the CTS just feels a bit 'nervous' to me,

Jan's mx-5 however feels as if it is on rails...... :P

The CTS handling is nothing I can't get used to but I can't help but feel a type-r would handle better.......

Still love my CTS though...... :D

I,am not driving a T Sport but a 1600 Lineasol and last wensday i fitted a Airhorn in my Rolla you could look at my homepage and than at the end there are some pics i made while fitting the airhorn :thumbsup: and yes its LOUD now

I,am not driving a T Sport but a 1600 Lineasol and last wensday i fitted a Airhorn in my Rolla you could look at my homepage and than at the end there are some pics i made while fitting the airhorn  :thumbsup:  and yes its LOUD now

Thanks for the pics that helps ref. fitting air horns......surely though it is possible to do this without removing the whole front bumper assembly.

I was wondering if I could get away with removing just the plastic panel that fits over the radiator top......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links