Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are They Too Chav?

houston

21030500332uh.jpg

got them now but my kids been windin me up sayin they'd look more at home on a nova, got me worried my taste is slipping.

they dont look to bad.

It's just the name that sounds very "Chav" to me.

And it is also false advertising; there is no way on this planet, that they are race pedals. :!Removed!:

!Removed! quick reply!!! i take it by name u mean the ripspeed logo? i might be able to clean them off as there only stickers.

just wonderin what do proper race pedals look like?

...does it matter what "label" is on them? If YOU like 'em, that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

Where is the 4th one? Not a fan unless you have all 4 ..

i got those on my red mr2. i would advise against it as it is not comfortable at all because they are too wide and sit right next to the other pedals.... if that makes sense.

swap them for smaller pedals and you will be fine mate.

...does it matter what "label" is on them?  If YOU like 'em, that's all that matters.  :thumbsup:

Agree. :P

I'm a fine one to talk with my Bailey BOV anyways !! haha ;)

:thumbsup:

I had bought a set of desent ones but found the lack of grip to be a pain in the **** especialy when i had whet shoes and thought it to be dangerous, so changed back to standard immediatly!

doesnt the brake pedal have to have at least some rubber on??

CB :thumbsup:

...does it matter what "label" is on them?  If YOU like 'em, that's all that matters.  :thumbsup:

Thats what people say about 8 tailpipes and massive front bumpers :o ;)

:censor: Didn't realise ripspeed was chav in general. Ive got a ripspeed gear nob and harness covers!!! :o

Should i change em for plain ones then? Only couldn't find any and ripspeed looked least chav out of all at Halfrauds to me.

Also got some ripspeed pedals bought for me at xmas but not fitted cos i wasnt sure if they were chavvy. Regardless of make, are racing pedals considered chav?

:thumbsup:

DSC02062.JPG

I got these Momo ones in mine. Not overly keen on the yellow writing on them but are excellent for grip. I've fitted them in all of my cars I've owned!!

Joe

A frind of mine's foot slipped of the clutch in the in the wet and her car booted into a fence!

you freind never heard of hitting the brake quickly ?? I've had my foot slip of the clutch before a few times... car never managed to get very far though.

but u did almost nearly right your car off twice tho eh Jimlad boy!

she was right against the fence already...

but u did almost nearly right your car off twice tho eh Jimlad boy!

she was right against the fence already...

that's more to do with my right foot tho... lol. :rolleyes:

they have little plastic rings that fit in the holes to provide a bit grip, but im gonna take shafs advise and not fit them, dont want it to become a safety issue.

think i'll just give them to my brother to fit in his astra, and try and bribe him to give me his hear knob that ive been after since he got it.

Totally agree with a couple of the replies;

no they dont look chav - in fact i prefer them BUT:

i've only had one set and they came straight off as with wet shoes even with the additional little rubber balls in i had no grip whatsoever. I've driven a few mates cars that have had them but never with confidence although those momo ones look quite good as 2 big areas for grip.

just my 2p's worth ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links