Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In The Beginning...

Twincam.GTi

Thought these 1967 UK sales brochure pages may be of interest, of the KE10 Corolla.

To think the Corolla would become the most sold car in the world.

1100page1.jpg

1100page2.jpg

I like the 'white wall' tyres :drool:

and then the KE20. Twincam this is the one I mentioned previously in classic toyota as you can see its not a KE25!! (goes to show what i know about classic jap stuff bedford OBs are more my thing :thumbsup:CLICKY)

Look at the optional extras!! lol ....................

Look at the optional extras!! lol ....................

Note that the aeriel is electric, for 1967 on a basic family runabout that is pretty good.

It was when in the 70's that the likes of Toyota and Datsun (That's Nissan to you young wipper snappers!!!) started to fit the extras as standard and UK manufacturers didn't that the first nail in the coffin of the UK car industry was knocked in......

it was all down hill from thereon........... :(

that is 'till Nissan opened their factory in Sunderland and Toyota did the same in Derby...... :thumbsup:

MJG Posted Today, 06:38 PM

Note that the aeriel is electric, for 1967 on a basic family runabout that is pretty good.

It was when in the 70's that the likes of Toyota and Datsun (That's Nissan to you young wipper snappers!!!) started to fit the extras as standard and UK manufacturers didn't that the first nail in the coffin of the UK car industry was knocked in......

it was all down hill from thereon........... 

that is 'till Nissan opened their factory in Sunderland and Toyota did the same in Derby...... 

:yes::yes: I don't think anyone could have said it any better than that :yes::yes:

G6AArgh Posted Today, 02:49 PM

and then the KE20. Twincam this is the one I mentioned previously in classic toyota as you can see its not a KE25!! (goes to show what i know about classic jap stuff bedford OBs are more my thing)

Yes I remember, did you get it?

No it needs some work to the drivers side sill (it looked sound until my screwdriver went through it when i had it up on a ramp and was giving the whole underside a good "stabbing") and also the drivers side door skin is rusting from the inside out (window rubber missing) looks like the bottom 4inches of the door are gone exept for the paint (i didnt want to poke to far as i had already removed the door cards/whole interior and put a 4" hole in the sill) i think that i will leave it maybe until after the summer when i hope to sell my mbike after that i can properly afford another vehicle (the recent good weather has inspired me to maybe get a wooden boat project cos my weldings cak and the duple OB taught me alot about woodworking)

G6AArgh Posted Today, 01:54 PM

No it needs some work to the drivers side sill (it looked sound until my screwdriver went through it when i had it up on a ramp and was giving the whole underside a good "stabbing") and also the drivers side door skin is rusting from the inside out (window rubber missing) looks like the bottom 4inches of the door are gone exept for the paint 

As always with an old car that has been left standing there is more than meets the eye. :yes:

...and...

As always with an old car that needs some bodywork there is ...etc...etc...blah...blah... :lol:

That made me chuckle too!

And such a bargin price - £50 for all those extras  :eek:  :D

Reclining front seats? Suh-weet! :o

I'd feel like a king with those!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links