Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeak And/or Grind/scrape Noise From Front

chowell

A couple weeks ago my '96 Corolla started making a squeaking noise like the break pads were worn. The noise seemed to be tied to the revolution of the tire (and/or other component), so I assumed it was the breaks.

After about a week I took the car in and the replaced the calipers, because they were sticking (what they told me), and the break pads, because they were cracked. The shop had told me this was the cause of the noise.

About a day after I got all that done, it started making the noise again, and this time it would get less squeaky as I slowed down and it would sound more like a slow metal scraping or grinding noise.

I took it back to the shop and the replaced the bearings and resurfaced the rotors a 2nd time, but that also didn't stop the noise.

I took it back again and went for a test drive w/ a technician from the shop. After a few minutes, the tech suggested it was the struts in the front causing the noise.

I don't know cars well enough, but it doesn't seem like the struts would make a noise based on axle rotation or tire rotation. New struts are like $350 for the front and I just overpaid for the breaks & calipers so I really don't want to pay for any other repairs. I want to know if the shop didn't fix it right, for what I paid for.

Anyone have a similar problem and what was the solution?

hey

i have the same problem with my yaris.....i have also had the front brake pads and shoes replaced but the noise is still there. i haven't been back to the garage cos i know they will tell me one thing and do another and i will pay arm and a leg for something that i don't know whether they done or needed to do

L

hey

i have the same problem with my yaris.....i have also had the front brake pads and shoes replaced but the noise is still there. i haven't been back to the garage cos i know they will tell me one thing and do another and i will pay arm and a leg for something that i don't know whether they done or needed to do

L

This sounds like a bottom suspension ball joint (on some vehicles that is)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links