Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dodgy Tank Of Petrol

alex_93gtuk

Last night when I was filling up I noticed the petrol pump was pulsing which suggested I was dredging up the crap and putting it in my car. I had no choice though as I was really low....

This morning about a mile after leaving my house the car started missing at low revs, and when I tried to get onto the M3 it died. I pulled over and it reluctantly started again. I held it at 2.5-3k and it started to run a lot better. A 20 min blast up the motorway cleaned any crap through but I hate to think whats gone in and out of the engine doing this!? I presume because the car sat overnight, all the rubbish in the tank went to the bottom and into the engine upon startup.

Bugger. Even though it seems to be fine now, I want to find the fuel filter and clean it out. Can anyone tell me if its visible/reachable to clean it?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Its located near the botton of the car under the airfilter, its normally black and about the size of a beer can :D with a pipe going in the bottom and one coming out the top. If you have a look around that area you should see it

Thanks,

Ive found a black cylinder next to the airfilter but not underneath it. Havent had a chance to look properly, but it looks as tho this could be it. Its black, with two pipes coming out of the top, they look the right size for fuel lines. One of them has 'purge' written on it?

Anyone got a piccy that they could point it out on. This is where an repair manual would help!

Alex

Should be directly under the air box, silver usually with a nut on top of the pipe.

One pipe on top and one underneath, about the size of a coke can.

Thanks for the replies. The enevitable happened. Went to start the car yesterday and it just kept turning over. CHanged the fuel filter and after some persuasion it fired into life. There was a lot of black silt in the old filter, but the manager at the petrol station insists levels never get that low....my ****!

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links