Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

whiteGL

hey up :D

im new here and im just wondering where i could find aftermarket parts for my lil corolla...

its 1990 corolla 1.3 GL

im looking for an exhaust for it, lowering springs, possibly a bodykit oh and ive seen you can get lexus lights for them but i cant find where from in the uk, iknow theres those clear clusters but there illegal on the road...any ideas?

thanks,

mark :thumbsup:

Hey dude, like you say, most of the things you cang get aren't available in the uk, but you can get some rear lights from www.alloyboy.co.uk and I think evo do a bodykit, and I think bad boy do a kit. If you want the better looking stuff though you'll have to shop abroad, check autosyle in south africa and you'll know what i mean

whiteGL Posted Today, 12:02 AM

hey up 

...possibly a bodykit oh and ive seen you can get lexus lights for them but i cant find where from in the uk, iknow theres those clear clusters but there illegal on the road...any ideas?

Hi there and welcome :thumbsup:

With reference to finding a body kit why not try the scrap yards for a 90's GTi for it's side skirts (AE 92 GTi's do have a bit of a reputation for corosion so there should be a few in there by now :lol: )

If you want 'clear'/Lexus style' rear light clusters for your 'AE 92' Corolla try ...

www.fensport.co.uk

But beware 'ICE/ lexus style lights' do have a bit of a build quality problem such as: leting in water, red reflectors discolouring and lens coming unbonded!

Also have you considered a nice set of 15inch aftermarket alloys with 195/50 R15 Tyres ... just an idea (you will find this alone will improve the handling).

Anyway have fun :thumbsup:

yea i can get team dynamic alloys cheap, wot size alloys are best as i want to lower it?. i was thinkin 17's like everyone else my age lol.

what about exhausts? cant find any available :unsure: will a universal back box like rage fit? dont wanna spend too much money as its my 1st car

cheers,

mark

If you fit 17inch alloys (with 205/40 Tyres ... I think thats the tyre size they normally come with) you will catch the rear wheel arches if you have 4 people and or a lot of luggage in the car. Plus the ride quality may 'bounce' about a fair bit and if so just think what 'wear & tear' this is doing to your suspenison (especially on an older car). I know the 'fashion' is to have '17's' but in a lot of case's they make handling and road holding much worse than say fitment of 16' or 15 inch setup.

As it's your first car try for a 15inch with 195/50 tyres, it will be much cheaper and kinder to your cars suspension.

As for exhaust backboxes such as 'rage' will provide you with nothing more than 'noise'. In fact the alteration in back pressure with some vehicles can in fact hamper performance.

Sorry if i've put you off as I realise you want to carry out 'mods', just be careful what you buy and don't let somewhere like Halfords 'con' you into parting with your money for 'rubbish items'.

just to back that up, i have 17s on my AE82, but it handles better with the standard 14s on it. also, as it's been lowered ive had to fit stiffer front shock absorders to stop it catching, and it now needs new track rod ends (although that's more becuase they're old than anything to do with the wheels). so it wont be just a case of putting them on and forgetting about it, if you go for 17s

nah dont worry i aint bein put off by good advice. id prefer an exhaust system but again i cant find 1. i know all about the back pressure issue on some cars but still, will universal ones fit?

alloys wise, will i get away with 16's and lowering springs?

also have you guys got any modding tips for me?

mark

whiteGL Posted Today, 08:38 PM

i know all about the back pressure issue on some cars but still, will universal ones fit?

alloys wise, will i get away with 16's and lowering springs?

Yes universal back box will fit but be careful and they never seam to fit neatly on Corolla.

16 inch is a good comprimise between 'looks' and handling . Also most 16inch tyres can be quite expensive (more than 17inch tyres) I think you would be looking at something like 195/45 R16 in tyre size but price em first (and check size ...I may be wrong).

As for other modifiying take a look at (as stated earlier): www.fensport.co.uk

But do remember these people are very, very expensive; just thought it might give you ideas though.

With out and out perfomance unfortunately there will always be a limit with a 1300 (and a 1600 :lol: ) and in a 'perfect world' a change to a 1600 Twincam 4AGE and even higher would be your best bet however we are in the real world and apart from engine, brakes etc would also need changing and so on.

For now try to make the best (and look after) with what you have. :thumbsup:

well, i think ive made my mind up. i'll probably go for 16" alloys, lowering springs, uni backbox and k&n bolt-on.

i know the k&n and the back box wont enhance performance but i aint bothered. its not like im gonna go drag racing in the thing :D

i'll post some pics of the beast when i can.

thanks for the help guys, appreciate it :thumbsup:

mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links