Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do You All Think Of Our Giant Trucks?

scionic

What do you think of our "full-size" trucks?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of our "full-size" trucks?

• They are giant and ridiculous and should be banned for safety of others.
    • They are big and silly, only a lunatic would drive one.
    • They are big and silly and should be limited to farming and construction.
    • They are big and silly, but I'd drive one for weekend fun!
    • They are massive and full of manly greatness, I'd love one!

Just wondering what you all think of these things, since they are a uniquely American phenomenon. I wonder what people outside our country make of them.

Here are a few pics so you know what we're talking about here:

ici-chevy-silverado-1.jpg

2002_Ford_Excursion.jpeg

dodge_ram.jpg

Please vote and tell what you think about these vehicles.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• Puls

• Roytoner

• stevetubbyturbo

We're awake now!

I have to admit to a guilty liking of them. They're big, rugged, hugely expensive to run and - in this coultry at least - makew you look as if you have a small willy and are trying to compensate :ph34r:

I've voted "big and silly, but weekend fun" :thumbsup:

A

PS Would have to be a Ram 1500 for me

They're big and silly and only a maniac would drive one! :lol:

I like my small cars - I cant drive anything bigger than a 206 for safety reasons! :lol: I understand you dont really get "small cars" in the US - you guys like them BIG!! :thumbsup:

They're big and silly and only a maniac would drive one!  :lol:

I like my small cars - I cant drive anything bigger than a 206 for safety reasons!  :lol: I understand you dont really get "small cars" in the US - you guys like them BIG!! :thumbsup:

Well some of us get small cars here, the rest don't or are so terrified of the monsters pictured above that we sacrifice sensible sedans and hatches and buy a 3/4 scale monster to drive the kids to school :rolleyes:

I'm with you though, they are big and silly and at least 75% of the people who drive em don't need it's capabilities and do so because they have a small willy and a big cowboy hat.

Personally, I would feel conspicuous driving something so socially irresponsible. I think it's selfish to drive a huge 4 ton piece of poor handling farm equipment to protect your family while you jeapordize other people who made more responsible choices. It actually pisses me off a great deal. Especially after having visted Europe more than a few times and seeing that it's QUITE possible to get by without these things.

Oh, how I long for the land of many hot hatch choices and sporty estates and numerous lovely turbodiesels. Where a manual tranny can be ordered in any model and SAT NAV is an option on cars costing less than $30,000 U.S. The lands where you can drive a sensible car without fearing for your life when you are boxed in on 3 sides by absent minded moms in jacked up trucks the size of city buses while the yak on the cell phone and swat at kids in the back seat.

In your country, these fools drive Passat wagons and Corolla Versos and nice, smart cars like that. I honestly wish fuel were more expensive here so these assh*les would be priced out of their Hummers and Tahoes and Escalades.

I have no problem with one of these that gets used for its intended purpose, hauling a huge boat out of a lake or towing a giant trailer and the like, but SO few of them are used that way.

My country has a diesease I think and more expensive gasoline is the only cure, I'm afraid...

dodge_ram.jpg

Would love this one :D

Would have to put BIGGER wheels on it, + Roll cage on the back, Bull bar on the front, ++++ :P :P

Forgot: would need ladder on side for Christine to get in :P :P

She's only 5 foot tall :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

Edited by Christine & Paul

Stupid fuel consuming waste of space. Unless they are used for construction or farming obviously.

Give me a Ford SVT f-150 LIGHTNING anyday........oh and it has to be red

ive driven Rams and the like over the prairies in Canada..there good for that, but shopping at WALMART, hmmm not sure

ive driven Rams and the like over the prairies in Canada..there good for that, but shopping at WALMART, hmmm not sure

Anyone got a piccy of one of those??

Nah

Still prefur the Hilux and Hilux Surf

Me too!

Actually my second car was a 1988 Landcruiser FJ-62.

Here Hilux = Tacoma

Hilux Surf = 4Runner

Sure.

Here's a Lightning doing a nice smoky burnout.

2001_ford_f150_lightning-2%20(1).jpg

Like the looks of this one.

112_2007fvf_toyotatundra_z.jpg

Quote:

2007 Toyota Tundra : Tired of being the small player in the big full-size truck arena, Toyota will super-size the next-generation Tundra, as suggested by the dramatic FTX concept unveiled at that 2004 Chicago Auto Show. The FTX is a huge machine measuring 19 feet long and nearly 7 feet wide, with a bed edge that is eye-level. Ready for off-road adventures, this 4x4 wears 37-inch tires and isolates passengers from trail harshness with suspension-fitted seats. Retractable side step rails aid ingress/egress, and even cargo loading. A hidden ramp at the rear helps roll heavy items or recreation machines into the bed. This concept features a hybrid V-8 powertrain, reportedly under consideration for the next Tundra, though it will not be offered at launch. Look for the next Tundra to arrive in 2006 with a 5.4L V-8.

I think they're all sleeping.

Lets steal their stuff!!

Hehehehehe!!! :D

There's one of them round my way... in red... with 20" chrome wheels. I takes up most of the road... Beautiful.

Sure.

Here's a Lightning doing a nice smoky burnout.

2001_ford_f150_lightning-2%20(1).jpg

If only Petrol was as cheap over here.. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Seen the foot rest next to the petrol cap, hate to think what size tank it as :eek:

Looks menacing.

Nice of Toyota to make a monster especially for us monster-loving Americans, I guess.

Nothing like too much of a good thing to put a smile on our faces!

If only Petrol was as cheap over here.. :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

Seen the foot rest next to the petrol cap, hate to think what size tank it as :eek:

Probably 30-35 gallons. That's typical for these things.

If he did that burnout in Britain it would have probably been half a weeks salary worth of fuel. :lol:

Lightning has a supercharged 5.4 liter V8, as I remember. About 12-14 MPG....if you drive gently.

Looks menacing.

Nice of Toyota to make a monster especially for us monster-loving Americans, I guess.

And Look what we get.. :D :D :D

Clickie

Looks menacing.

And Look what we get.. :D :D :D

Clickie

Hahahaha!

We have those too actually, but they aren't legal on public roads.

We use them to drive from the house out to the barn where our giant SUVs are parked. :lol:

All kidding aside though, you see them once in a rare while, like on a college campus driven by a handyman changing lightbulbs and carrying lawn fertilizer or whatever. Not allowed on public roads, but in a complex or campus for work use is OK.

The lands where you can drive a sensible car without fearing for your life when you are boxed in on 3 sides by absent minded moms in jacked up trucks the size of city buses while the yak on the cell phone and swat at kids in the back seat.

Ahhh... That wouldn't be Britain then :lol:

A

It's American, it's big, it has a V8 ...

...i like 'em, :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

but then through History America have always led the way for vehicle design/influence.

Whats funny is that the only person I know with a big pickup is my grandmother.

See if you can picture a little old 70-something lady with a lead foot tooling around in a big 4x4 Z71 extended cab Chevy. The funny bit is that she constantly uses the truck as a truck, since she has a few acres out in the country, and is constantly doing stuff to them, so she hauls dirt, cocoa husks, wood chips, trees, plants, etc. with it all the time. She also uses it to drive to my house and dump crap she doesnt want on me :angry:

I quite like that Ram, actually. I used to vacation way up in the northern part of Wisconsin. Since the roads resemble WRC courses, and the nearest big stores are often a long drive away (so you need to buy a lot of groceries/supplies and water at once if you plan to stay up there for a length of time) and getting to fishing lakes is a challlenge too. That thing would probably work pretty well.

Well, if they're limited to farming and construction, then we had better limit high performance cars to racing circuits and drag strips. After all, nobody needs that much power and such poor fuel economy on the street in such an impractical vehicle. I'm sure a Toyota MR2 seems *real* efficient....until you take into account how its worthless it is for anything other than driving fast or driving slow. It certainly won't carry much of anything.

And then we can all drive around in grey/beige Government Approved Transport Pods. What can I say. I find it funny when people who do things like buy fast cars and supercharge them and turbocharge them and other things that do nothing more than make them eat more gas and faster talk about trucks as wasteful (this wasn't aimed at you, Blue, except for the first sentence :) no worries)

The lands where you can drive a sensible car without fearing for your life when you are boxed in on 3 sides by absent minded moms in jacked up trucks the size of city buses while the yak on the cell phone and swat at kids in the back seat.

Ahhh... That wouldn't be Britain then :lol:

A

You obviously haven't tried to get through a school run near an area with money! It's choked with massive suv's and mpv's with women doing just that! :lol:

It's American, it's big, it has a V8 ...

...i like 'em,  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

:thumbsup::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links