Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie To Thie Forum

jayla

HI to every one on this forum. i was just justing searching through google and some how found this site so i thougt i join this forum. A few months ago i needed up buying a new shape toyota corrola and love the uplift to the car shape. The model i have is T3 and i am just writing this topic just ti introduce my self. if there is any topics on this model please post it on this topic. ie any mod done to the car or any other topics

jay

Hi there and welcome,

There are quite few members with 'new shape' Corolla's on the Forum mainly 'T Sport' version.

I'm sure one of them will come up with some good ideas.

As this is my first new car, could any one give any tips. As i am already having problems cleaning the alloy wheels. They have brake dust on it and i cannot remove them, any help.

plus the seats have water marks from the rain when u open the door this it very very annoying as they stain

any good products to remove car marking on the side mirrior on the plastic

jayla Posted Today, 03:48 PM

As this is my first new car, could any one give any tips. As i am already having problems cleaning the alloy wheels. They have brake dust on it and i cannot remove them, any help. 

Although (as we all know) the quality of Toyota is superb the same can not be said of official Toyota alloys.

For some reason Toyota Alloy wheels seam to be riddled with problems from flaking paint/ laquer, discolouring and unable to clean properly due to brake dust some how 'bonding' with the paint. If you have a brouse among the 'Wheels and Tyres' section of the forum you will see what I mean.

Also it's nothing new my GTi was suffering from alloy wheel problems 12 years ago, Before I purchased the car from my local Toyota dealer in 1993 I insisted the wheels be refurbished and 2 years later they started to 'pickle' again so an aftermarket set was chosen.

You were asking about 'mods' earlier, why not start with a nice set of aftermarket wheels yourself? :)

jayla Posted Today, 03:48 PM

Although (as we all know) the quality of Toyota is superb the same can not be said of official Toyota alloys.

For some reason Toyota Alloy wheels seam to be riddled with problems from flaking paint/ laquer, discolouring and unable to clean properly due to brake dust some how 'bonding' with the paint. If you have a brouse among the 'Wheels and Tyres' section of the forum you will see what I mean.

Also it's nothing new my GTi was suffering from alloy wheel problems 12 years ago, Before I purchased the car from my local Toyota dealer in 1993 I insisted the wheels be refurbished and 2 years later they started to 'pickle' again so an aftermarket set was chosen.

You were asking about 'mods' earlier, why not start with a nice set of aftermarket wheels yourself? :)

that did cross my mind but i did not see the point as i bought the car band new and it only be 4 months which means the alloys and typre look great so i thought i wait

Hi there and welcome,

There are quite few members with 'new shape' Corolla's on the Forum mainly 'T Sport' version.

I'm sure one of them will come up with some good ideas.

Hi I have a two month old Corolla Sol which is the equivalent of the T3 with the 1.4diesel and MMT transmission. I am very pleased with it and the performance is very much better than the ZX 1.9D auto that I had from new .It was 12years old and lack of safety features and air con. were the reasons for changing. Cars are taxed here on capacity and the small diesel engine is a big advantage.

There has been sticky marks on the alloys but these have come off easily with chrome cleaner. Looking at older versions of the new shape I cannot see that there is a problem with the alloys. I have not had any rain onto the seats.

There are a couple of queries that I have.

1. the hatch lid has to be closed with quite a bit of force to shut properly. A car door being opened helps a lot.

2. The brake pedal, when stopped with or without engine running, can be slowly pressed to the floor. When moving the brakes are very positive.

Considering how well the doors close the boot lid seems disappointing and I have not been able to ascertain if this type of pedal movement is normal.

Would appreciate your experience on these two points.

Fraser

Geriatric Posted Today, 11:47 AM

2. The brake pedal, when stopped with or without engine running, can be slowly pressed to the floor. When moving the brakes are very positive.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Get that checked Now!

I'm sorry to say it like that but your cars obviously under warranty so get down to your local dealer and tell them. in this situation they will be more than happy to check and advise.

(Last thing they want is 'Brake failure' on a new Toyota)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links