Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who The Best Drivers

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

Well since this is my 500th post i was going to make this a good one!!

I have being thinking about this for quite a while now. Who is the best driver. Is the rally driver a better driver than the F1 driver?????

The rally driver has to drive around the coubik with the help of a co driver. And they drive in all types of weather and conditions.

The F1 driver has to drive around the track at very high speed but after around ten laps you could say he must be use to the track by now? And so he can push the car harder and harder getting better times all the time.

A rally driver has got only one shot at the corner he can never go back and say he wants to do it better the next time around.

So who is the better driver???

Two different types of motor sports I hear you say!!! I would stick my neck out and say that the rally driver is a better driver than a F1 driver as they have got to put up with driving on ice and snow and still pushing the cars at 120mph+ Not forgetting driving through the forest's at warp speed.

So come on let's have your opinions who's the best driver?????

Happy arguing :P

jerry!!

I look at it this way.

WouldI take my car around a track?

Yes - probabaly not gonna even try for land speed records - but I would have a go.

Would I throw my car around a rally circuit?

No flocking chance.

not the most balanced or logical argument - but then, its not my 500th post - so it doesn't have to be :P

point taken. But surely there has got to be more comments on this debate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

ill second that, you'd see me taking a **** on the moon sooner than i drive my yaris round a rally course.. id have a go at a track.. but saying that. formula 1 drivers do know their stuff aswell. but ill say rally drivers for sheer control they have over the car.

Hi Vtrick

I have got to agree there. The rally drivers do know how to control there cars. But so do the F1 guys. It cant be easy to take a car into a bend speeding well over 100mph and onto speed's near 200mph.

anymore comments :shutit:

jerry!!

this is my personal opinion about this subject.....

F1: not the easiest cars to drive to begin with, 800 BHP in a car that weighs as much as a packet of !Removed! :eek:

Driving round a track for 2 hours flat-out isnt easy, especially with the G-force of those cars. and you have to plan a few corners ahead of yourself whiles at the same time driving at 200mph down the straight! :wacko:

plus, having all those models walking round the track wearing very little just before the race doesnt help! lmao :P :D

Rally: ability to control the car on any type of surface from dry tarmac to ice! :thumbsup:

rally drivers can control the car on different surfaces and dont exactly have a second chance for each corners. and you dont always have a clear road ahead of you (eg cows on the road!! :P ). plus there is a chance of you going over a cliff! :eek: and the way they control the car is unbelievable; turn the steering wheel, pull the hand brake, foot to the floor, opposite lock, then swing the car the other way and repeat all day long! B) how cool? :lol:

if i have to choose one, think i'm gonna be different and say the F1 drivers are better because there are more rally racers then F1 racers, this gotta mean something!?!?! Sorry peeps! :ph34r:

it would be great if someone could organise a little event swapping drivers! put an F1 driver into a rally car and vice versa! then we can see who is the better drivers! :thumbsup:

I would have to say Rally drivers have to have a harder job of it...

In F1 you have a car that setup correctly should stick to the road like glue and it's a lot easier to find the right line, yes it's high speed for a couple of hours and your body gets put under an awful lot of pressure but when you compare that to a Rally Driver whose line is slipping beneath him, has to drive on whatever surface he can, be it snow, tarmac, gravel or earth without the assistace of a pit crew during the stages if something goes wrong and a car that is very awkward to setup it gets a little more fun :D

Go try a morning down at Silverstone Rally School you'll see what I mean, it's only a basic introduction to Rallying but it's great fun and well worth the trip out....

Its been proven...

A rally driver was able to lap a F1 car in a closer time than to the F1 driver than a F1 driver was able to go through a rally stage

The F1 boys have too many toys..... sat nav next i belive? :thumbsup:

I watched the rally of GB last year and those boys really know how to drive. its more fun and lots more unpredictable, plus i got drive down a stage and gave my yaris full fissy..... untill i spun on a hair pin :crybaby: -_- but like said before rally drivers have one chance, the fine line between stupidly quick or off into a hedge/tree/4 million foot drop!

chalk me up a rally vote.

Dan

it's a very hard one, but it has to be said that rally drivers really are pushing the limits of their car and traction constantly around the course and being a co driver would be cack your pants scary! :help:

The F1 boys are incredibly skilled too of course, not an easy thing at all to get your racing lines right at those speeds :o

if i have to choose i'll say that rally drivers are the best purely because i think that is really skillful driving they do :yes:

Sam :hokus-pokus:

Its been proven...

A rally driver was able to lap a F1 car in a closer time than to the F1 driver than a F1 driver was able to go through a rally stage

didnt know that! :wacko: in that case, i'll say the rally drivers! :thumbsup:

I beleive that it was Mr Micheal Shumacer himself who once was quoted as saying he would never dare jump in a rally car.... so from that alone, i think the case rests itself, Rally drivers have more balls. to handbrake on gravel or ice or snow around a hairpin bend over the edge of a mountain :drool: .... respect is due.

But an F1 driver has a lot more stamina..... all that G-force for 2hours non stop, in a very confided space with a car that has stupidly power full engines and brakes. could you imagine brakin down from 180 to 30 in the space of 200 yards!!!? :eek:

id much rather be an f1 driver then a rally.... maybe its the glamour... i dont really follow rally but i would still say f1 driver is technically more advanced, less margin for error.... when was the last time you saw an f1 car powerslide a corner? if precision is what we a judging, f1 has it all the way. :thumbsup:

When F1 does races through forests in mud or gravel, then I'll reserve judgement.

Hi everyone

Some really good points here. I think that it's only fair to have a vote here :P

jerry!!

Its been proven...

Yes I remember something about this a while back. The rally driver was the better over the two timings. Wasn't this a top gear thing. Tiff probably. Maybe....... :thumbsup:

id much rather be an f1 driver then a rally.... maybe its the glamour... i dont really follow rally but i would still say f1 driver is technically more advanced, less margin for error.... when was the last time you saw an f1 car powerslide a corner? if precision is what we a judging, f1 has it all the way. :thumbsup:

You don't see too many glamorous page 3 type pit girlies wandering through a cold and muddy Welsh forest. :lol:

When a F1 car powerslides a corner it usually ends up in pieces under a load of old tyres. :help: :crutchy:

Rally drivers for me. :thumbsup:

I love it up close with those cars ragging past five feet away. Oh for the days of the Chatsworth House stage once again...... :thumbsup:

I can see that we have a rally fan here :thumbsup:

jerry!!

For sure Jerry. Visited the RAC rally back in '93 & '94 and I was hooked. Heck of a trudge through Chatsworth though, but worth it when Sainz and boys flew past. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I remember reading somewhere that shumi once said he was thankfull rally drivers didnt do F1, because he would be without a job!!! :!Removed!:

Schumacher is unbelievable at F1 driving, maximum respect must be given :yes:

Now that I read through this post again it's a little unfair to vote for the best drivers between F1 and rally...

it's like comparing cross country running to the 400 metre sprint! :blink:

(good debate though jerry, nice one :thumbsup: )

Schumacher is unbelievable at F1 driving, maximum respect must be given :yes:

Now that I read through this post again it's a little unfair to vote for the best drivers between F1 and rally...

it's like comparing cross country running to the 400 metre sprint! :blink:

(good debate though jerry, nice one :thumbsup: )

Touche Sam, Touche :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would still prefer to drive a Rally car if I had a chance though..... B) B)

Schumacher is unbelievable at F1 driving, maximum respect must be given  :yes:

it's like comparing cross country running to the 400 metre sprint!  :blink:

(good debate though jerry, nice one  :thumbsup: )

Sam  :hokus-pokus:

Touche Sam, Touche :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would still prefer to drive a Rally car if I had a chance though..... B) B)

Didn't know how to put an 'accent' on the French word Touche.

lol nevermind gordy it still gave the desired effect

and you're right, i would prefer to drive a rally car over an F1 too :)

would rather drive them both ideally though :yes:

would rather drive them both ideally though  :yes:

:thumbsup: To quote Austin Powers "yeah baby" :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links