Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Experience Of A Life Time ..........

Phil Dubery

Guys and Gals

9 years brilliant Toyota motoring ..................

Car goes in for service after running immaculately through Switzerland and France ..............

Comes out with a high pitched noise from the engine - the dealership stripped down the differerential (at the wrong end of the vehicle), stripped may other parts and damaged the vehicle, the RAC (with strong commercial links) back the garage, Trading Standards say they can't do anything because of the RAC stance and Toyota GB are refusing any investigation because 'our dealership network are independent companies from ourselves'.

Follows a history of mysterious additional works and charges by the dealership during servicing.

I am very interested in any similar experiences, particularly in the SE London / NW Kent / Surrey area, but also with RAC and Toyota GB nationally.

I intend to make sure that Toyota GB and the RAC start to enforce the high standards they lay claim to in their marketing material .............

Please contact me if you have had any similar experiences !

Regards

Phil

Have you tried the shame tactic on the garage. Do you know the number for your local paper? :boxing::boxing:

Local papers have a significant revenue stream from the dealership however Watchdog is a real possibility.

Looking through the Toyota and Lexus Owners Club sites, there are quite a number of other owners who have had similar experiences with the same dealership and it would add a lot of leverage if there are other examples I could quote.

We have a thread on the forum for users who have had problems with their Crollas which we have asked people to add there comments on so we can forward this to Toyota GB when enough people have listed.

Without people looking through the forum and reading/adding to such posts this function will be useless...

I will post the thread here tomorrow when I have more time if you haven't found it before then...

Try posting a dealer review too... these do help others who are looking for a quality dealer.

Plus we aim to use the dealer reviews to help member get the right for better service from bad dealers.

Thanks for the comments guys - I will certainly post a dealer review and have had a good look through for previous threads, hence finding others with a similar experience.

Don't hold your breath on Toyota GB - they will need to be shamed into taking any action !

The challenge now is to add some jazzy pictures to these messages .............

The difference between Toyota Japan and Toyota GB is huge. In Japan if you as the customer is upset they will bend over backwards to help you out. That is the Japanese way of life. My bro' has just spent 2 years in Japan and found the people and services in general a massive cut above what we get here in Britain. :crybaby:

Perhaps it's time to contact Toyota Japan ............

Plus an attempt at adding a file of the typical contents of a Toyota Spacecruiser ..............

post-15-1053974217.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links