Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Upgrades For 04 Solara

jdmdrifterz

I just want to know what kind of performance parts are out for the SE V6 Solara. I know I've seen the Injen Intake and Apexi World Sport Exhaust, but what else has been offered or has been done. Some pics would be nice!!!!!

There should be a TRD (Toyota Racing Development) supercharger.

That's a real performance part, unlike the Injen and exhaust. You could fit the best cold air intake and best exhaust they make and you'd be lucky to get maybe 10 more horsepower at the top of the powerband. These parts are mostly for sound and a little bit of throttle response more than anything. If that's all you want and you don't mind spending $8-1000 for 8-10 more horsepower, then go for it.

I'd go for the supercharger if I were you, it's a Toyota part so it is warrantied with your car and it would make your Solara really scoot. It's not cheap though, figure $3-4000 installed, but you get real performance you can feel instead of the placebo performance you get from new plug wires or a CAI.

Here you go.

Just click on "3.0" -- that's the one you want.

http://www.trdusa.com/TRDSupercharger/default.asp

The price has lowered, so it would probably be closer to $3000 total to have it installed, but well worth it if you are genuinely interested in performance. All the cold air intakes, exhaust systems and everything else put together won't come close to what forced induction will do for you!

Ah, you said you'd like pics, so here's one:

home_feature_30.gif

• 2 months later...
I just want to know what kind of performance parts are out for the SE V6 Solara. I know I've seen the Injen Intake and Apexi World Sport Exhaust, but what else has been offered or has been done. Some pics would be nice!!!!!

Hey, you can get headers for your car too. Im tryin to find more companies that carry them for the solara, but so far ive only found one, JP Performace. they go for $1600 or 2k for the headers n exhaust combo.

The TRD S/C is a great way to get HP, BUT unless ur willing to spend at least 5k (the previous guy was off on the install price) then ur kinda stuck like i am. From wut ive been told, the TRD S/C adds about 50-75 at the wheel? dont quote me on that... the headers/exhaust/intake/chip mod/flywheel? will add about that in total.

Im gonna purchase a S/C eventually, but for now ima jus do the simple n smaller things.

If you wanna c a fixed up solara, type in RED KNIGHT on google n u can c one with most fo the mods available.

Good luck in ur search for speed.

Jon

ps. if you or anyone else finds another company that makes headers (98-01 solara V6) can you pls lemme know? thx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links