Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo - New Owner

dj_davo

hi all, davo here,

just entered the world of mr2 turbos! - 1993 L reg. (i needed more power than my cavalier v6 could provide - although 170bhp and 150mph are good - by the way its for sale!).

as a newbie to the mr2 i would appreciate any help and advice regarding all aspects of the car. my current (urgent needs) are:

1. speedo clock conversion to MPH

2. Unichip - or similar for sum nice bhp gains - today is sunday and i pick the car up tuesday next and dont know if its delimited yet - the current owner doesnt know and doesnt speak english that well! if it needs delimiting where is the best place to get it done?

3. as a 1993 i assume my power will be 225 - not 245? is this right? can i tweak more power easily?

ANY ADVICE WUD BE GREAT. CHEERS GUYS.

1) I wouldn't bother, as long as you have MPH on the clock you'll be fine....

2)Best place for the Unichip is Owen Developments just outside of Oxford (£380 +vat), ask for Dino, they're reputed to be the best Unichip installers in the country.

3)If yours is a '93 and you have the later revision lights (round insides) you'll have 245Bhp as standard, the pre 93's were 225 but without looking at the lights don't know...

I hope this helps a bit, any more questions just post :)

Oh btw.... Welcomer to the club and especially welcome to the Mr2, fantastic cars... Now you can play properly with a mid-engine, rear wheel drive none of this Cavalier FWD nonsense :)

Tweaking for any MR2 is easy, all you need is a budget as there's loads of stuff out there :)

my mate has a rev 3 2 he has done the following mods:-

mongoose exhaust,decat,unichip,k&n filter, bleed valve and fcd (fuel cut defenser)

had it on the rollers 305 bhp at the flywheel

thanks for the help guys, most appreciated, and i couldnt agree more about leaving behind front wheel drive nonsense behind!

i've been after a mid engined sports car all my life - i always thought there would be a ferrari Badge on it, but i am still mightily impressed with the mr2.

PERHAPS A 355 BODYKIT! - lol

cheers

thanks for the help guys, most appreciated, and i couldnt agree more about leaving behind front wheel drive nonsense behind!

i've been after a mid engined sports car all my life - i always thought there would be a ferrari badge on it, but i am still mightily impressed with the mr2.

PERHAPS A 355 BODYKIT! - lol

cheers

Don't you dare put a ferrari bodykit on her, iunless you want to ruin the performance handling of her anyway :)

Keep playing with her take her on a couple of track days and you'll grow more and more impressed all the time...

I swear by MR2's now :D

93 cars have both 220 or 241bhp. round lights are 241bhp.

a unichip costs 550+ vat, 380 must be for the n/a.

not sure about a delimiter but they aren't particularly expensive or hard to fit.

93 cars have both 220 or 241bhp. round lights are 241bhp.

a unichip costs 550+ vat, 380 must be for the n/a.

not sure about a delimiter but they aren't particularly expensive or hard to fit.

£380 + VAT is for any Mk2 MR2 from Owen Developments who are regarded as one the best installers in the country...

sorry but you're wrong, it's 550 + vat for the turbo. i know as graham had his done in february at owens.

the turbo one comes with a boost controller as well.

dont argue over me fellas hehehe. im not in a rush for the unichip.

i got the car yesterday - love it - roof off today!!!

2 questions:

1. assuming Haynes do a workshop manual for the celica gt4 is this worth buying for the mr2 turbo engine? - been led to believe they are the same?

2. bodywise is the car uk spec? - can i buy a uk mr2 manual for bodywork and fittings etc. - or is this where being a jap import gets tricky for parts? - i need a side indicator repeater lens.

once again fellas, thx for any help you can offer.

side repeaters are different on jdm cars, they're toblerone shape rather than little squares, best bet is to try Toyota Celica Breakers (number and info someehere on forum)....

Not sure about manuals but yest the turbo celica's and mr2 turbo's share the same 3s-gte lump although the ecu is different (or so I believe...)

Ryan

I got shown once how to do it properly (chammying that is) and did myself the rest of the day...

I'm guessing Fidgit's is just a slow learner :) Mind you to be fair he's got a verypatient girlfriend....

Is it just the pixelation on the photo or is that a small dent above and slightly to the right of the rear wheel Ryan? :help:

Is it just the pixelation on the photo or is that a small dent above and slightly to the right of the rear wheel Ryan? :help:

thank god only one was showing....

there's three a long the same side :angry:

thx fellas,

can i borrow rhaines' girlfriend for the night?

i promise not to abuse her right hand too much! - (chammying my car of course!).

thx fellas,

can i borrow rhaines' girlfriend for the night?

i promise not to abuse her right hand too much! - (chammying my car of course!).

LOL, Badger's going to kill you....

I'm still single....

Thanks for clearing that one up Ryan...

I never meant to 'suggest' anything.... (other than, Mrs Mop gets to be a passenger in my car... why shouldn't she clean it???)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links