Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Big Downside To My Mr2

james1760

went to get a new clutch fitted and it wont go on the ramps because its too low :rolleyes:

the bodykit would catch and shatter near the front and back arches :censor:

now i have 3 options.

sell the think now and let someone else worry about it!

swap my 17"s for some 18 or 19 inch

fit hydrolics and be properly pimped :hokus-pokus: ( £500 for the kit in the us, waiting for a quote here in the uk)

i know i will be stuck getting an mot on it later this year so i need to do something now.

i have been round 4 garages so far

Hmm I know the feeling, what about simply changing the suspension to raise the car a touch - is it really that low?

I struggle sometimes with my MR2 it's a matter of finding a place with suitable lifting equipment.

For what it's worth Roguesystems ramps have 2 large swing-in arms that lift the car from under the chassis.

Very low cars with body kits i.e mine for instance are driven over purpose made sloping wooden blocks to raise the car before lifting.

Might be an idea?

HTH :thumbsup:

i will take pics later to show where it will catch.

if rouge can lift it then it is good to have another option, i wont mind the drive down

the place i use, powerhouse in derby will also be able to do it. they get loads of jap cars in there, some virtually on the floor and they manage it easily with the swing arms. they usually jack it a little and then put the swing arms underneath.

pricewise they are very good too.

give brian a ring on 01332 366588 and say shaf said he would be able to sort it :)

cheers shaf,

i will see if i can find a garage in the north west somewhere.

derby is 120 miles away and rouge is 150

Had same prob with my gen5 celica, luckily my local garage had a 4 point arm lift so no probs at all, the brake test at MOT centre proved challanging due to having to drop down into the rollers.

In end i swapped to 18"s and a diff front bumper instead of having splitter.

mines so low it wouldn't go on hayward and scotts ramps we had an easy solution though drive it on to planks of wood first, not that hard..

cheers shaf,

i will see if i can find a garage in the north west somewhere.

derby is 120 miles away and rouge is 150

no worries mate, just offering an alternative.

im sure there are loads of places up north that cater for lowered cars, you just need to find them :D

Why dont you just take the bumper off when you get there and drive it onto the ramp. The bumper is not that hard to take off.. probably do it in 20 minutes.. Save you a lot of time overall...

surely a garage near you has a flat ramp to drive onto and not a raised one ??? :eek:

Sounds a bit strange really. My old Rover had 6cm clearance and come MOT time, they just layed planks out in front of the ramps to get it up on the ramp.

A mate had a kitted up Rover too and when he went on Rolling Roads, he just whipped the bumper off as suggested. Garages might not think of that. To be honest, if you need the bumper off and a garage hasn't suggested it, I'm not sure I'd be keen on using them myself.

Yeah, my garage has a flat ramp/pit with the jacks under it.. just drive on and off.. find another garage.

i would have suggested to take the bumpers off but mine dont come off any more :P

100_0072.jpg

**waits for skeets comments**

i thought about the blocks of wood and i have had cars up on the ramps this way before but the veilside kit drops really low on this car and remember the sideskirts are blended as well.

asked about the flat loading rams as well but apparantly they have side restraints on them that would catch the kit.

will be going to my mates garage tomorrow who has a lift to see if i can work a way round it.

will be definatly lookinto the hydrolics though as i could get a kit over from the states for about £500, fitting will be a nightmare though.

I know of only 2 garages near me that can get my car in the air! One is 8 miles away, and the other you have to go very very slowly, with lots of planks of wood etc.

I'm like Jappy tho... any slight speedbump, sharp incline/decline and I'll catch the bumper.

I can't believe you're prepared to SELL your car, because you can't get it on a ramp! :eek:

Do you give up that easily at everything? :blink:

no i just miss the sound of a turbo too much and i really want a skyline.

i know someone who is doing a mechanics corse at the same time as my japanese lesson at collage and they have a 3 roll on ramps which would possably take the car.

best of all they would fit it free as it would be classed as a lesson :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links