Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Miss-firing When Cold...

alex_93gtuk

Last week I posted this...

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33710

I 'thought' id had a dodgy tank of petrol. Car was missing and spluttering when cold the day after I filled up but only when it was cold and on choke. Between 1000-2000 RPM.

Two days later it refused to start-was turning but not firing. I went staright for the fuel filter. Changed it, and saw quite a bit of crap in the old one. Car fired up after a bit of persuasion and was fine for the next 200 or so miles.

Yesterday it conked out again at a busy junction. I have a very sore back from pushing the heavy lump! I got it home and this time drained the new fuel filter but didnt notice too much crap in it. It started first time and I took it out on a few good runs and it never missed a beat....

This morning, from cold, it started fine but coughed a bit for a few miles-4 or 5 times but didnt die, but again was fine once up to temp and after a good blast up the motorway.

Im confused. Maybe it isnt a fuel problem. I ran fuel fush through the last tank of petrol that I thought was dodgy, and injector cleaner through this new tank.

I apologise about the length of this thread. If you have any suggestiong then go for it. Maybe coil, leads? Air flow meter?

Thanks

Alex

PS. Plugs and Air Filter are both very new.

Ok! Checked the engine bay and to my horror found my distributir cap has a bolt missing! Would explain a lot. New rotor arm and dizzy cap ordered. Big thanks to Rogue for sending through the two dizzy cap bolts free of charge!

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links