Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unichip Boost Module

dj_davo

i've heard a lot of talk lately about people being advised to buy a boost module when they get a unichip fitted and mapped,....................WHY?

does the unichip not raise the boost setting - if desired, inside the box anyway?

i recall jim, and most peeps running 15 or 16 psi but never saying they needed another piece of kit?!

i was hoping that me getting a unichip would enable me to.

1. remap the car for 97 RON (aye, i know some wouldnt but just humour me) :rolleyes:

2. remove speed restrictor

3. raise fuel cut

4. raise boost to 15psi

5. tweak the fuelling

6. make me cups of tea.

other than a kettle is there any reason why i should get a boost module - if its just for more advanced boost control like setting inside the car im not bothered about that. :unsure::thumbsup:

i've heard a lot of talk lately about people being advised to buy a boost module when they get a unichip fitted and mapped,....................WHY?

does the unichip not raise the boost setting - if desired, inside the box anyway?

i recall jim, and most peeps running 15 or 16 psi but never saying they needed another piece of kit?!

i was hoping that me getting a unichip would enable me to.

1. remap the car for 97 RON (aye, i know some wouldnt but just humour me)  :rolleyes:

2. remove speed restrictor

3. raise fuel cut

4. raise boost to 15psi

5. tweak the fuelling

6. make me cups of tea.

other than a kettle is there any reason why i should get a boost module - if its just for more advanced boost control like setting inside the car im not bothered about that.  :unsure:  :thumbsup:

boost module isn't worth getting on rev1 or 2 cars as the VSV isn't good enough in my opinion, rev3 VSV is much better and the boost module works really well with them. The unichip on its own can't control boost.

dastekinstall.JPG

my unichip and boost module

The unichip on its own can't control boost.

That's the key there.....if you JUST got the unichip it would be mapped for the OEM boost, MOST people already have an aftermarket boost controller before they get the Unichip. So the desired boost setting is found and then the chip mapped around that figure :) I think anyway.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

alrighty, that appears to have answered my question. cheers. :thumbsup:

i find it staggering though that the unichip cant control the boost itself (without a module added). it kinda makes the claims about it being a super great piggyback untrue, to me. :(

think i would rather save myself hundreds and just get a 17 quid fcd, a cheap delimiter/speed de-restrictor and bang on my 20 quid g-valve.

over and above this the only benefit i can see now from a unichip is the fuelling. may just get a 2nd hand SAFC or similar. <_<

how are the unichip peeps on here controlling their boost?

jim have u got a g-valve - i cant remember what you did?

sorry, cant remember who else has a unichip but if you could let me know your details that would be all useful - and stuff. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links