Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 Mr2 Handling

un1eash

Hi there, ive not long bought a mk1 mr2 and i dont know if its just me but the wheel alignment seems to be out. Went down a country lane today doing about 70-80 and it seemed very twitchy, not nice at all so i backed off. The car seems to pick up on every little bump in the road, is this just the way they are?? Going to get the wheel alignment checked next week. Any help in the mean time would be great, cheers.

Hi there, ive not long bought a mk1 mr2 and i dont know if its just me but the wheel alignment seems to be out. Went down a country lane today doing about 70-80 and it seemed very twitchy, not nice at all so i backed off. The car seems to pick up on every little bump in the road, is this just the way they are?? Going to get the wheel alignment checked next week. Any help in the mean time would be great, cheers.

Do you mean you were doing 70-80 kph *cough* down a country lane they are quite stiff on the suspension and i can get get air bourne on old disused track roads in my 2.5 tonne Hilux Surf with soft wollowing suspension you will get air bourne in a MK1 MR2

HTH

The ride is quite firm in a MKI.

I know my tracking is way out at the moment and the car is extremely twitchy. Ruts in the road surface don't make it feel much better either :(

To get the alignment perfect you will need to fork out for propper 4-wheel laser alignment. This is not what's knows as "Tracking" so don't be fooled. A decent alignment place will quote you in the region of £80 and show you the laser/computer systems used to set the alignment. (If someone quotes you £40 or less for laser alignment - they are feeding you a load of B.S)

I plan to get the TRD settings for my MKI sometime soon.

There's more information oon the MKI geometry settings here:

IMOC MKI Geometry Settings Link

HTH :thumbsup:

Whats the suspension like on the car....

M1's are getting on a bit so the [problem could not only lie with the suspension of the car but a number of other area's, might want to check the suspension, bushes etc...

Mk1's should handle really well and feel well planted on the road if everything is in order and you have good tyres set at the right pressures... Naff tyres will have a big effect on the handling of the car !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links