Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Never Going Back To A 'normal' Car..

JappyBeast

Well OMG,

I have had my MR2 for nearly 3 years and I didnt realise how much I take it for granted!

Had a hire car for the past 5 days, an 03 Vauxhall Astra, what a dog to drive. I think its because I have been driving my MR2 for so long I must have tuned myself to drive mid engine cars only! Ok, I might be over reacting but I had forgotten what it was like to brake while steering when the engine os in the front.. all that weight at the front end of the car is just wrong.

As my MR2 is rock solid I had very little confidence cornering the Astra as the body roll was unreal, felt like it was gonna roll some times.. I know it wasnt but it felt like it.

Getting back into my MR2 tonight, everything seemed perfect again, I hadnt realised how well balanced the weight is in the MR2 till this week, I have had rental cars before, I must be to used to the MR2 or something.

I'm never getting a normal car again!

Whilst I was waiting for my border front to be done I was lent a Nova then a Corsa which was nice of them to lend me but it was not quite an MR2.

Where u can go round a corner or roundabout completely flat and in control in a 2 (unless ur jim lol :P ) you try to do in a normal car at a much slower speed and it skids and rolls and seems so vague there is an obvious lack of power too.

The sound system even at standard is superior to a normal car (even tho my sound system isn’t standard I remember it was good when it was lol).

But the worst thing well for me is when I’m in my 2 I want people to see me in it but when I’m in a normal car I wish they wouldn’t see me in it lol

I keep seeing modded Corsa’s with kit’s on thinking back to what I was lent and its true you cant polish a T**D

Yeah I'd agree with those comments, I've also got used to how the 2 drives in the last 9 months and it is very well balanced, it can be pushed surprisingly hard in the dry (even with budget tyres!). I'd like to try a FWD car for a day and see how it felt again.

I own 4 cars and a van :rolleyes: ....( I know I should be shot ) and I always find after a hard horrible or even just dull week its so refreshing to clamber into my 2 and rip up some black stuff. I think we all take it for granted, but we should remember the 2 was ( and still is :thumbsup: ) a pretty special sports car .

Had a hire car for the past 5 days, an 03 Vauxhall Astra, what a dog to drive.

I had a courtesy Toyota Yaris for a few days shortly after getting my MR2 - oddly enough I actually preferred it in many ways to the MR2 :help: Handling was superb, light steering, lighter clutch etc etc etc.

Don't get me wrong though, the MR2 has easily been my favourite car - and I've had it nearly longer than any other car I've owned - and I'm still not bored of it yet. It's not the best handling car, nor the most comfortable - guess it's cos it's a bit special being mid-engined :)

Only Vauxhall I've ever driven was the previous shape Corsa - that was pure nasty :censor:

i totally agree, been driving a mondeo last few days and i feel nervous driving it, feels like i have to reach a mile for the gear knob, not to mention the step i need to get in the car!!!! handling in the wet is a bit of a change though.

i quite like driving my company vauxhall astra 2.2, it's very peppy and the ride is very refined compared to the harsh ride of my turbo.... although the turbo is a lot quicker and great on twisty, winding roads, it's no fun in tight streets with speed bumps and pot holes all over the place which the astra irons out very nicely.

Some people seem to moan about comfort in the MR2, personally I find it really comfortable considering how low the car looks as standard. It's certainly feels nicer to drive than my old 106 GTI and the driving position is miles better. At first the gearstick feels a bit high up but you soon get used to it.

Drove a mate's Mondeo over the weekend. Only had my '2 five weeks, but f**k me what a difference. handbrake and gear stick seemed miles away. Brakes sucked, and to make things worse, it was a TD! :D What a bucket!!!!

2 all the way, pity they don't still make mk2's :( I'd be driving them for life :yes:

My two is in the shop.

I am drivin my bro megane. OMG its the worst experice ever. :eek:

I tottally know what you mean jappy, it feels like am gonna roll of the road every time i hit a roundabout.

Murder

I like the ride to be solid, I have little confidence in 'bouncy' cars...

i know i dont have an mr2, but i changed the suspension on the yaris cause its crap, but now im driving a vuaxhall corsa and i feel really scared simply becuase its bouncy, you have that feeling of "i dont know what its doing"

Its hard to explain lol

try driving 'fast' on the motorway and you hit a bump and a bit of side wind.. I pooped my pants.

Andy, if you think your cars good now, you should really lower it...

The A7 has never been so much fun!! (Around 20 miles of backroads for those who dont know...)

try driving 'fast' on the motorway and you hit a bump and a bit of side wind.. I pooped my pants.

yep, when i had 18's on my mr2, that was an adventure at high speeds indeed.

1. tramlining all over the place

2. cross winds blowing it here there and everywhere

3. potholes shaking my fillings out

thank god for normal motorway guzzlers like astra's i say :D

Driving my dads A4 is scary after driving my MR2 for so long. I swear the steering rack is fixed to the steering wheel by elastic bands!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links