Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels

MR2_2000

I would like all of yuor opinions. I am currently looking at buying some 17inch wheels for my Mr2. I have found some (note i am in Australia and post here because nobody replies in the Aus club) and i would like your opinion on them.

med_DSC04417.jpg

they are $1099 for the wheels and new tyres.

Not what I'd go for (seen them on a couple of 2's over here and thought they didn't really suit the car, but....

...it's your car dude. If they float your boat, then go for it. :thumbsup:

I'm not a great fan, I like my rims semetrical.

Where about in Oz are you from? Was over in Perth this time last year and saw no modded MR2's at all ..

Im from Victoria, not too many around here either only 4 other 2's around my town.

If I get back out there (was bortn in Perth) I'm so tempted to take the '2 back with me.

Anyhow, back to the topic. I feel the MR2 needs more 'race' looking rims. I don't think chromes suit it.

I like them.

One point tho... get 18's :eek:

They'd look sweeeeeet + wont need lowering. :hokus-pokus:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I like them.

One point tho... get 18's  :eek:

They'd look sweeeeeet + wont need lowering. :hokus-pokus:

Cheers  :thumbsup:

It'll just tramline like a mo fo (and it will need lowering). :lol:

I might be wrong here but with 18's on there will be no wheel to arch space left so unless you want the car to looked slammed you wont need to lower the car.

How about 18's on the back with 17's on the front?

Also, carnt you get 18's the same width as 17's = the same tramline effect as standard 17's?

Cheers :thumbsup:

I've got my height slammed (got rubbage going on atm) ..

18" on the rears (235) and 17" on the front (215).

and the lower profile makes the tyres more prone to tramlining ..

they dont look too bad actually but there are much nicer rims out there, check out my website for some inspiration :)

mate if there made by bsa and it looks like they are my mrs had them on her rover. They looked the nuts but the quality is really poor and 2 flaked in one week.

They also dont suite the MR2 imo

how do i find out who made them. I dont want any dodgy wheels that will screw up soon after buying them.

I might be wrong here but with 18's on there will be no wheel to arch space left so unless you want the car to looked slammed you wont need to lower the car.

Cheers  :thumbsup:

If you change your wheel diameter, you change your tyre profile accordingly to retain the same diameter as stock... therefore, you will still have the same gap in the arch.

Yes, the rim will come up higher, but don't forget it goes the other way too. It will make the side sills and bumpers appear higher. If the car is not lowered with 18's, and even 17's in some cases, the car can look like an oil rig, and a bit 'lanky' too.

Back to the subject in hand... I'm also not a fan of chrome wheels, but everyone's different. If you like them, go for it. I'm sure you'll be pleased with them.

Post pics of your car anyway!!! ;)

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

00001966gh.jpg

I ended up getting a set of shadow chrome wheels of the type i was asking about. I am very happy with them and they have been on for about a month now. Finally got some pics so here it is. Let me know what you think. I also need to lower my car a bit now as its riding a bit higher then previously.

they dont look too bad actually but there are much nicer rims out there, check out my website for some inspiration :)

Who makes the rims on the red 2 in your avatar mate? Look nice!!

00001966gh.jpg

I ended up getting a set of shadow chrome wheels of the type i was asking about. I am very happy with them and they have been on for about a month now. Finally got some pics so here it is. Let me know what you think. I also need to lower my car a bit now as its riding a bit higher then previously.

Looks nice mate. Glad you're pleased with them... now keep them clean. ;)

Who makes the rims on the red 2 in your avatar mate? Look nice!!

They're made by RAY's Engineering, and called Gram Lights 57P Pro... I believe.

57p.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links