Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Speedo Dial

Gav H

Hi,

I think Im going to be able to get access to the speedo thanks to responses from this forum , Id now like to know if it is possible that the 120 mph speedo would have a 160 / 180 kph dial underneath it on my 1991 rev 1 turbo import ?

Second , if it will , is it possible to revert back to this and change it so that it reads out in MPH ? If so .. HOW (do I get it to ? )

Basically , all I want is a speedo that reads upto 180 (or 160 ) on the dial and gives me the needle as a read out in MPH , I can change the KPH to MPH with a simple sticker I guess , but I have read threads referring to cable driven and electronic speedos , unfortunately , I am totally thick and need some simple English response .. :eek:

Thanks.

would doubt it'll have a different face underneath as this would have affected the lighting, also there would have been a chance it could reach the needle, so if it was done with common sense then it looks like youll need new dials.

what year is your car? if its a rev 1 then youll need a mechanical converter to get it to read in mph, rev 2+ and youll need an electrical one, either way youll need to get new dials.

you dont live far from me either!!!!

Thanks mate ,

Its a Rev 1 ( I think ) 1991 .

How much is a convertor likely to cost ?

And where do I get a new set of dials from , how much are they ?

Cheers.

dunno bout the converter, i didnt really research it very well when i had the option.

i got a set of lockwood dials for £50 but i didnt know about el-glo dials when i got them, they cost around 80-100 and look a lot better, few people on here have them and can steer you in the right direction

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links