Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Msn Messenger 7 Beta

yaristpot

Hi has anybody had trouble installing it??

I get error code 1603 when I try and install it, it downloaded ok and version 6.2 runs lovley...

help please! ! !

:thumbsup:

I've not had any trouble.....

It is still in Beta though and is very temperamental - perhaps thats the reason?

I got sent it but I tried installing it and it just never happened, not that bothered though, I'll just get it when it comes out! :thumbsup:

1603 - Fatal error during installation. See if you have a log file with more meaningful information for the installation in your windows\temp directory.

If it's not broken.. why fix it???.

I used to keep having to repair it but so far its been behaving its self.

Was your download an MSI file. If so try the following...

Copy it to the root of your c drive

open up a dos prompt and type c:\ and hit return

type cd\ and hit return

then type msiexec.exe (name of the MSN installation program) /L*v c:\install.log and press return

If you can't find a reason for the failure in the install log file, PM it to me and I'll have a look.

is msn messenger better than windows messenger?? thats what i've got as i don't like all the adverts taht come up on msn, i feel its robbing me of valuable 56k bandwidth

is msn messenger better than windows messenger?? thats what i've got as i don't like all the adverts taht come up on msn, i feel its robbing me of valuable 56k bandwidth

Hell Yes! Windows messenger is a complete shower of :censor: !!!

You can disable it completely using group policy when you install MSN, so that it doesn't try to re-assume control in the MSN/Windows Messenger wars! Anyone wants to know how let me know and i'll post the process on here!

You can also remove the ad banners etc using patches from Mess.be, great site for all things MSN... Or you could try Plus!, which is also quite nice. My advice, ditch Windows Messenger, its not as secure as MSN for a start and it has very limited features!

I have MSN 7.0.0732 (Beta) on at the minute and its GREAT, i rarely have a piece of software which wont install on my machines at home or work, and if it doesn't work i'll make it! But then i do work in IT..... B)

Not had any probs with beta7.0 ..... (yet *touches wood)

but then again I dont just install any old crap on PC... *keeps a tight controll... my Luna (pc) is precious :P

Half the probs i sort for people are user error and incompetence, and lack of common sense! So I can relate to that JJ hun!

Beta's are test versions usually sent out to a few testers to report back with any bugs they may find but of course these get leaked.

Microsoft + Beta = better products! Without testing the software wouldn't be useable to most people because end user testing is the only true way to find bugs specific to individual systems, remembering that no one computer system is the same as another, both in hardware and software configurations!

There is a full release version of MSN 7 out now for anyone who is interested!

CLICKY

:hokus-pokus:

Beta's are test versions usually sent out to a few testers to report back with any bugs they may find but of course these get leaked.

True... However Messenger is released to the general public so that MS can collect anonymous data about its usage and any bugs that might arise!

i got sent it and the update, not had any problems at all except when i installed the update i lost all my custom smilies, such a tragety

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links