Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-bar Vs Sunroof (newbie)

Smokey Bubbles

Hello There,

I went to look at two fantastic MR2's today, one a T-Bar and one with sunroof, and I wondered which is best??

Thanks

Chris

P.S I am going back to look at the cars at the weekend is there anything I should look out for? :help:

personally id rather have the t-bar but thats just me...

Define "best".

You'll find people who prefer either. Personally I've had both and much prefer the t-bar... but that's whats best for me.

precisely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that!

T-Bar all the way. Had my '2 two weeks before I got a chance to take it off, but my god!!! :D It was like the first day I bought the car all over again :D

It really is the mutt's nutts. Amazing! Turns a lot of heads B)

This is my 5th car, the other 4 (while not mr2s) all had tilt & slide sunrooves (sunroofs?) so I think I have a good idea what both are like. T-bars are noisier on the motorway, but not too bad with the windows up. T-bars do leak, but it's easily and cheaply fixed.

There's just no comparison between cruising with the sunroof open and cruising with the t-bar off!

Check out this earlier poll:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...hl=moon*++t-bar

Guess which is winning :yes:

I've got a Tbar.

Cant wait for the summer and the good weather B) . I aint had it off properly yet.

I would favour the tbar over a sunroof as it seems to me as an additional novilty feature. What i mean is most cars dont have them but most cars dont look like the mr2 so it dosnt really matter at the end of the day as long as its a Two. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice.

T-Bar it is then!!

most def!.. no contest.. :P

T-Bar all the way.  Had my '2 two weeks before I got a chance to take it off, but my god!!!  :D  It was like the first day I bought the car all over again :D

It really is the mutt's nutts. Amazing! Turns a lot of heads  B)

This is my 5th car, the other 4 (while not mr2s) all had tilt & slide sunrooves (sunroofs?)  so I think I have a good idea what both are like. T-bars are noisier on the motorway, but not too bad with the windows up. T-bars do leak, but it's easily and cheaply fixed.

There's just no comparison between cruising with the sunroof open and cruising with the t-bar off!

Check out this earlier poll:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...hl=moon*++t-bar

Guess which is winning  :yes:

To be honest, and I know people might think me bias as I have a sunroof one, but the sunroof is designed to come out and locks in to position in the front boot. With that out, there is not a lot of metal seperating a t bar and sunroof. I think Tallbloke would back me up that both are equally as noisy with all glass out/windows down as we have proven on the M23.

A sunroof will give just as much enjoyment and in the bad wet weather, wont leak on you.

I'd have jumped at a T bar if a better one had come up, but I say go for the best car ignoring what roof it has. You'll enjoy either.

Pete

I'd disagree with that, having the t-bars off and the windows down is a completley different experience to just having a moonroof off IMO, last summer I went for a spin in someones yellow 2 which had a moonroof but it just wasnt as "exciting" as having the roof off in my car (his was an NA but that shouldnt have made a difference!)

Nothing compares to the sound of the burbling exhaust surrounding you from all directions (especially in tunnels :drool: ) and the sound of the turbo spooling up! It gets really loud with the roof off!

Though of course if you dont want wind messing up your hair or youre scared of a possible leak (which is easy to fix) or just dont like the looks then stick to moonroof/tin top. I myself don't have any regrets in buying a T-bar 2...bring on summer!

Go For a T-bar, its something else when you get the roof off and the windows down. :thumbsup:

Go For a T-bar, its something else when you get the roof off and the windows down.  :thumbsup:

Yeah.. those who say it feels the same when you take the sunroof out are lying!.. When the windows are down and you have no solid structure around you.. it just has a totally different sensation.. :D

I would expect the sunroof models to have a bit more torsional rigidity in the body as a whole, but I'm not speaking from experience. It just seems that way, not matter how strong you make that center bar, it's not the same as having a full steel roof with just a hole in the center.

t bar, its a rare novelty to see on a car, grabs peoples attention more, and lets face it, if your buying an mr2 its cos you wanna pose a bit?

sunroof models are more rigid than t bar but you wont notice the difference on the road and if you do you shouldnt have your licence!

have a few test drives and make your own mind up, if you still cant decide then go for car condition.

IMO the only thing better than a t bar is convertible but you lose the security and leaks get harder to fix!

tbar...plus u can do some intresting postions with your misses ;)

like when you go to ikea and she has to hold flat paks as theyre stickin out the roof.

is that one of the "positions" you were on about jd? ^_^

hahahah yeah thats one of the postions.....also when u feel like a drive down some country roads when the sun has gone down....there are few postions to put the paks into

hahahah yeah thats one of the postions.....also when u feel like a drive down some country roads when the sun has gone down....there are few postions to put the paks into

totally off topic ... but i love your sig!.. :lol:

totally off topic ... but i love your sig!.. :lol:

cheers :D

T-bar all the way. Days like today where you can just cruise around with the wind in your hair. Btw just driven past Donny car show, glad i didn't go. Burberry everywhere!! Saw a lad in a dark green MR2 from imoc, that's about it.

Joe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links