Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Free Xp Themes

Demonic Angel

Does anyone know anywhere you can get free XP themes?

I've googled it, found some, only to realise you have to also install some horrible extra toolbar software with it that I dont want and I cant install the theme without the toolbar.

I dont want anything that needs StyleXP as thats a trial package only - I want a permanent free skin and nothing that is just for Microsoft Plus - because I dont have it!

I'm sick of just boring blue and silver!

Heyulp! Heyulp!

Well thats taught me - decided to try and download the one with all the extra bars and stuff - thinking I could delete them afterwards....

It tried to install a nasty virus, luckily my anti-virus noticed and stopped it (NICE! :rolleyes: ) and also gave me a load of spy and ad ware which Microsoft Anti-Spyware has just gotten rid of....

My gut instinct was to not download it - always go with your gut instinct! :rolleyes:

i have xp pro running in classic mode.. takes up less system resources, you CAN change the colours of the toolbars etc to watever you want simply by left clicking on your desktop.. choosing properties/appearance.. then click the advanced button.. and you can change each individual item from the ..err err,, items bar thingy bit... the colours of windows. fonts etc can ALL be changed

Been using Windowblinds on Windows XP professional for a couple of years now. May even get around to buying it one of these days to avoid having to click on the window that appears on startup. Great program.

clicky - windowblinds link

Been using Windowblinds on Windows XP professional for a couple of years now. May even get around to buying it one of these days to avoid having to click on the window that appears on startup. Great program.

clicky - windowblinds link

Thanks hun - thats exactly what I wanted - I'll just have to put up with the window too - looks cool - thanks! :thumbsup:

You're welcome, Em. Loads of themes for it on the net to choose from too!

This is mine. You can't really tell I'm a mac fan, can you? A PC laptop pretending to use Mac OSX.

dtop.jpg

Excellent, Al J!

A friend of mine just showed me that recently and I did a double-take.

I'm a Mac fanatic. I've never owned anything else. I've worked on Windows machines plenty in my career though, but when I come home at the end of the day, it's all Apple.

How much of a Mac fan?

Put it this way. I got my first Apple computer in 1980 when I was 8 years old.

I still have my Apple IIe today.

I remember when Microsoft was a little company that wrote software for Apple and I watched the rise of the evil empire built on the ideas of countless other companies they copied, or crushed underfoot. I remember laughing at Windows when it first arrived and it wasn't until XP that I saw anything worth a ***** and I'm still not that impressed.

It was a major decision for me to buy a Pocket PC, the first and ONLY product I've ever bought where a dime would go to Microsoft and I never would have done it if Palm hadn't sat on their asses for 8 years barely updating their OS or if Apple would make a PDA again.

Ironically, the excellent handwriting recognition on the Pocket PC is licensed technology from Apple who invented the entire idea of a PDA with handwriting recognition nearly 10 years earlier.

OK...deep breaths..... I'm done. :huh::lol:

Does anyone know how much $19.99 is in pounds sterling?

Might buy this WindowBlinds as a full edition if its not too expensive!

Well actually....

Live mid-market rates as of 2005.04.09 10:57:15 UTC.

19.99 USD = 10.5989 GBP

Anyone buying or subscribring in different cutrrencies on the Net needs this link bookmarked...

currency converter - clicky!

Always seems a lot more in dollars, doesn't it?

Ad-Aware scan immediatly!

Im in a blue/green kind of condition.

Can I recommend you restart the computer before running an anti-spyware scan. I know it sounds like it will let the software gt further embedded in to your system, but I made the same mistake as Em, scanned and removed immediately then a couple of bits were installed unsuccessfully on the restart. They're still there and I get two warning messages at startup... They're not harmful, just annoying.

I'm sure I could get rid of them by hacking the registry, but I don;t eally fancy trying that/

:thumbsup:

A

Edit: Al, you don't know an online convertor for mpg to l/100km do you? Always takes me ages to convert that ;)

How much of a Mac fan?

Well, the first computer anyone ever let me get my hands on (other from a mainframe) was a Commodore PET 32k but from '82-'84, I did a part time course (started teaching in 1977) and got an Advanced Diploma in Computing Across The Curriculum with distinction from the University of Liverpool. We used Apple IIs for that. First computer I ordered for our science department was an Apple LCII and a Powerbook 145b for my own use. Black and white!

At the moment, I'm using the Acer PC laptop the school got for me but my own computer is an ancient (1999!) blueberry iBook but it's time for a new one though may buy a powerbook instead if I can justify the cash to myself. That's a brand new car outside my window, you know! :lol:

I've had a number of pdas including the Handspring Visor but needed a better one (yes, Palm is getting old) and it's a Dell Axim X30 (running Windows Mobile) which my girlfriend kindly bought me for my <cough> 50th birthday last October. They can be made to run on Apples btw as can just about any software written for PCs.

I do use Microsoft programs though and Mac Office is far better than the Windows version (which was a surprise!).

So... quite "maccy" I suppose! :D

Ad-Aware scan immediatly!

Im in a blue/green kind of condition.

Can I recommend you restart the computer before running an anti-spyware scan. I know it sounds like it will let the software gt further embedded in to your system, but I made the same mistake as Em, scanned and removed immediately then a couple of bits were installed unsuccessfully on the restart. They're still there and I get two warning messages at startup... They're not harmful, just annoying.

Well I ran the anti-spyware as soon as it flashed up and then when I came back from work the following day I switched it back on and ran another anti-spyware and it came back clean.

Thats the same sort of thing isnt it?

Al, you don't know an online convertor for mpg to l/100km do you? Always takes me ages to convert that ;)

Yes! Using a calculator is such a pain, isn't it? Especially when 1 mile per gallon = 235.214584 l/100km!

Here you go!...

mpg to l/100km converter

There's also a useful mph/kph converter and a mpg fuel consumption calculator on there. :thumbsup:

Well I ran the anti-spyware as soon as it flashed up and then when I came back from work the following day I switched it back on and ran another anti-spyware and it came back clean.

Thats the same sort of thing isnt it?

If it works it's the right sort of thing, anyway, miss! ;)

I would recommend doing scans periodically straight after boot up. I have been known to do a virus scan while still connected to the internet... duh! :lol:

Al, you don't know an online convertor for mpg to l/100km do you? Always takes me ages to convert that ;)

Yes! Using a calculator is such a pain, isn't it? Especially when 1 mile per gallon = 235.214584 l/100km!

Here you go!...

mpg to l/100km converter

There's also a useful mph/kph converter and a mpg fuel consumption calculator on there. :thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Thanks to this thread I now learned I can have green or silver skins in XP-Pro B) Never knew that - thanks! I think just being able to have a silver skin rocks enough for me :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links