Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy...

JappyBeast

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• Fidgits

• Demonic Angel

• Matthew_McNally

Okay...

heres the opening scene...

an ordinary guy is lying in front of a bulldozer to try and stop them knocking down his house.. when, he basically is dragged into space just before it is destroyed to make way for an intergalactic bypass....

I have the entire trilogy as mp3's (all five books).

and thats a subject we should discuss in gold.

Lets hope he's a die-hard fan of the books that was determined not to like the movie regardless of how good it was...

I only remember parts of the old series as i wasnt that old when it was first shown so im looking forward to it

Lets hope he's a die-hard fan of the books that was determined not to like the movie regardless of how good it was...

from reading the long version, it sounds like I agree with him.

I thought Fidgits avatar was ***** or Dom out of that ***** & Dom in the bungalow programme.....  :o

Thats no way Rimmer - is it? I've definately not seen that episode!  :lol:  :lol:

I could swear that's an "H" on his forehead....no?

I haven't seen that episode either though, if it's even an episode. :unsure::lol:

The book(s) are truely fantastic.

I read all 5 in a day and a half... a year or so back (re bought them all as I enjoyed them so much the first time round) /the humour in the book its spot on, very dry, very cynical, and I loved the writing style, loads of double negatives instead of any posetives, -it all adds the kind of humour (my kind of humour :D)

On reading the book it could pretty much have been written last year, apart from a few minor points (the bar man being shocked when he was told to keep the change froma fiver for a round of drinks)

I will be going to see the film as soon as it comes out, no doubt, but I am worried, as its my all time favorite book, that they will destroy it...

Its not imposible that the the film will be as good as the books, nothing is impossible, just very improbable ;)

So then, who will be bringing their towels with them? :D

So then, who will be bringing their towels with them?  :D

ME!! Nice fluffy white ones! :thumbsup::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

you young whippersnappers have no arguement though, the entire series was repeated only last year - or the year before on the beeb so you should have watched it :P

On reading the book it could pretty much have been written last year, apart from a few minor points (the bar man being shocked when he was told to keep the change froma  fiver for a  round of drinks)

That's the bit that always stands out to me when I watch the original!

Took me ever so slightly longer than a day and a half to read all of the books though - took me a couple of weeks just to find one of the books!

Just going to book the film for Thursday night - was going to leave it but now I'm worried it'll be sold out....

Saw this last night, was fantastic! :D Definatly go see this in the cinema, the scene in Magrathea is worth going to see alone. The film stays pretty faithful to the book insofar as I can remember and some of the lines are straight from the book. Acting is perfect by the whole lot :thumbsup: Cant wait for the the restaurant at the end of the universe now!

I went to the film yesterday having NEVER seen Hitchhikers when it was on TV. So I was essentially going to watch a movie and had no illusions for comparison......

As a film it was very very WEAK............ Not anywhere near as funny as it could have been. Mos Def's voice was so badly dubbed at the start they never lingered on his face......

I did enjoy Marvin, :lol: the Paranoid Android but they could have given him so much more too.

Overall dissapointing but I'm sure many will think it is Great.

Gordy Nacho Rating 3/10. :wacko:

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it a great deal.

I'm surprised to hear anyone thought it was weak at all!

I guess everyone's got a different sense of humor, but if you found the books amusing you would find the movie so as well. It's just like the books.

I didn't notice any dubbing problems at all. Maybe your theatre got a bad copy.

I wonder what Gordy was expecting.

I went in guardedly optimistic, but ready for it to suck and I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm curious. How do you think they might have done it better, specifically?

Then again Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay so with any luck he will have enough creative control to keep them from ruining the movie in editing or dumbing it down too much.

That may be a bit difficult as he died a few years ago ;)

Nonetheless, he wrote the screenplay and had a hand is designating the production values. His name is in the credits saying so.

I think this has been in the works for a long, long time. They were probably just waiting for computer technology to get to the point it's at now, where CGI is virtually indistinguishable from reality and it is cost-effective to use for the length of an entire movie.

It's come a long way from the BBC series, as much as I loved that. :yes:

Now I want to see a big budget Red Dwarf motion picture! :thumbsup:

They can cast Mos Def as the Cat. :lol:

I have not seen it YET :)

I was expecting hotter cheese on my nachos (a little cold :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: this time), I was expecting the Coke to be fizzier (cinema coke is going rapidly downhill :crybaby: ), I was expecting the cinema to be full (only 13 people in there - good for me to get a good seat :lol: ).......

O, and I was expecting to be watching a better film than I did. :lol::lol::lol:

It's not a bad film but I doubt it'll go down in movie history as a great film either..... :wacko:

I wonder what Gordy was expecting.

Having read the books and seen the series when i was younger, i can safely say that i wont be going to see the film. Can't be doing with having my chilhood imaginations and memories messed up by hollywood. :lol:

Blah blah blah nonsense blah blah nacho cheese blah blah more nonsense...

O, and I was expecting to be watching a better film than I did. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's not a bad film but I doubt it'll go down in movie history as a great film either..... :wacko:

But you can't come up with anything even a little specific, eh?

If you're going to pan the movie you should be able to critique specifics IMO. <_<

You asked what I was expecting and I told you....... :lol::lol::lol: in an typical English humourous reply.............You'll get used to those type of replies on here....... :yes:

You don't have to pinpoint every lil' detail - The movie was WEAK I thought (note the word "I").

Remember everyones a critic and everyone can say they like or DO NOT like something.........

I didn't rate this highly - BIG DEAL............. :P

I was expecting hotter cheese on my nachos (a little cold    this time), I was expecting the Coke to be fizzier (cinema coke is going rapidly downhill  ), I was expecting the cinema to be full (only 13 people in there - good for me to get a good seat  ).......

O, and I was expecting to be watching a better film than I did. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But you can't come up with anything even a little specific, eh?

If you're going to pan the movie you should be able to critique specifics IMO. <_<

Yeah, I hear ya.

I was just curious what you thought was weak about it, but if that's all you want to say I'm cool with it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links