Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mongoose Exhaust / Manifold / Downpipe

Gav H

Hi,

Im considering buying a Mongoose exhaust system , was wondering if anyone has one fitted and what it sounds like , I want an Exhaust to have dual tailpipes , sound good but not too Max Power , if you know what I mean ? Is the Mongoose for me ? If not what else should I consider ?

Also , is it worth getting a replacement Manifols in SS and a Downpipe , am I likely to see any improvement in Performance or sound with these mods too ?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

A 3" downpipe is a must :yes: , you will notice an improvment in turbo response with that. and even on a stock zorst it will sound pretty sweet. The trouble is finding someone stupid enough to fit the damn thing, mine took 6 hours !!!! :ffs:

as for the actual zorst I'm affraid I have no idea, someone on here will be able to help you out though.

p.s

if you do want a 3"downpipe try this 3"downpipe

Gav before you ditch your standard zorst do us a favour and measure the exit pipe diameter's please....please..... :thumbsup:

Mongoos xhaust on a 2 is superb in as far as it is a good quality package at a great price for what your getting...

Sounds good on the car and looks great, twin chromed tail exits, as for volume, my last '91 NA was recorded at 97Db at Castle Coombe with mongoose exhaust and hks induction and nothing else so it's not to loud either.... burbles gently :D

Can good good discount by gold membership :D

A 3" downpipe is a must  :yes: , you will notice an improvment in turbo response with that. and even on a stock zorst it will sound pretty sweet. The trouble is finding someone stupid enough to fit the damn thing, mine took 6 hours !!!!  :ffs:

p.s

if you do want a 3"downpipe try this 3"downpipe

i got me one of those delivered this morning :D

good ol' gts chris (especially as i paid a lot less than his webpage price as he had a special buy it now on eBay - he even chucked me a free support bracket for free, as a valued customer) :thumbsup:

hmmmm looking forward to 6 hours of hell then :(

Dj, my advice to you would be to find somewhere daft enough to fit it ;) , get them to quote you a price before they start B) , then go away on a world cruise :yes: ....when you come back you will have said downpipe fitted :thumbsup: ..........barabaabaabaaa im lovin it :yes:

Thanks Guys -

Ive got the Decat Downpipe from gtchris from eBay too , does this replace the catalytic convertor ?

Ive also found a place to fit it for me too.

Newtomymr2 - my car doesnt have an original exhaust on it , sorry , its got some crappy Jap single pipe thing thats starting to blow.

Anyone know if the MR2 Turbo manifolds are worth getting that I keep seeing on eBay too ?

Ive got the Decat Downpipe from gtchris from Ebay too , does this replace the catalytic convertor ?

:blink: Nah! You can't be that daft...

Ive got the Decat Downpipe from gtchris from Ebay too , does this replace the catalytic convertor ?

:blink: Nah! You can't be that daft...

Legend ................ :D hahaha

Thanks Guys :angry: ... Get the feeling your just taking the ***** out of someone , who admittedly doesn`t have a clue about exhaust systems . Thought owner forums were to help each other out .

:help:

let me apologise for them gav, we're a nice bunch - if a little sarcastic at times - although never me :D

the decat pipe is indeed a de-catalytic converter pipe which replaces the original elbow and cat which is 1 complete section of exhaust, attached off the turbo or i assume just off the manifold - if a non turbo car.

the sexy pipe off gts chris is designed both as a pipe without a cat inside it, and a better shape than the original, allowing for a better flow of exhaust gases, which in theory (and apparently proven) helps the performance of the engine.

of course removing the cat in itself is a performance enhancement - unless you are a green party member!

congrats on the purchase - i notice the eBay ad mentioned 2 available, i guess that is us 2 then :thumbsup:

Sorry Gav you will see the funny side eventually, I used to come up with far worse trust me. :yes: .....and I most likely will have at least half a dozen more in the future :P

Thanks Guys   :angry:  ...  Get the feeling your just taking the ***** out of someone , who admittedly doesn`t have a clue about exhaust systems . Thought owner forums were to help each other out .

:help:

Appologies Gav - Dont mean to p**s you off mate ! - only a bit of friendly banter ! :D

As has been said, the de-cat pipe is a cat converter replacement which is completely hollow (no crap inside it like a cat has retricting flow)

When i put my decat on it makes quite a bit of diferance, as there is no restriction on gas flow from the engine through the exhaust, so oyur turbo can spool up faster and more freely ! - well wort the money... + your car is louder...nice :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys ,

Think I was just a bit narked that night I read the replies anyway too , didn`t help my mood , No worries.

Question about the Mongoose exhaust though , if the Downpipe is 3" , what size is the Mongoose , is it 2.5" ? or 3" ? Will it restrict things if its 2.5" ?

Friends again ? :group-cuddles:

Iwould not like to say, but id guess 3".

My exhaust is 3" all the way through. It would seam a bit silly to me to go from 3" Down pipe to 2.5" Exhaust as that would cause a bottle kneck and restrict flow !

But i wouldnt like to say for sure !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links