Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help

houston

soince i bought this car it has been creaking over bumps and i've long assumed its the bushings, but i've got used to the noise and not bothered doing owt about it :huh:

now when i had 15's on it used to pull slightly to the left and i put this down to road camber and the car itself what with it being a sports car, but since puttin 16s on i find it impossible to keep it in a straight line on some roads! i have been telling myself its tramlining but its getting silly now, it pulls itself into the opposite lane so its summit with the car. what i need to know is if the sway bushing is that bad will it affect the handling in this way? its in a straight line that its felt on bumpy roads, if rubber has perished then the body will be in contact with anti roll bar but this should only affect it when cornering, right?

at motorway speeds its just as bad, i dont feel safe at speeds over 60, the steering wheel judders like the tracking is out, car doesnt bounce so im ruling out spigot rings.

ive had the ball joints replaced recently and had a look under there and cant find owt loose or missing, wheels are all balanced and tyres are practically brand new.

help!!!

its gettin done next week, but tracking wont make it pull like this, if tracking was causing it this bad then i wouldnt be able to hold onto the wheel at motorway speeds

what tyres though?

brand new nankangs for example would be like bald f1's (from my observations).

i've never had a car that requires good tyres as much as my 2 before. all my life i've been happy buying remoulds, part worns, budgets etc. for all my cars but now i have no choice but to spend more money on tyres than i used to buy a whole car for before!

anything other than eagle f1's just wont do for me - although ive just got brand new f1's on the front and brand new s03's on the rear as i couldn't get hold of any f1's :( (i've been told by 4 garages last week that goodyear no longer make a 225/50/15 so be aware of this peeps).

i will post my observations of the s03's when i've had time to assess them in all conditions. :thumbsup:

if you've got good tyres on im afraid im all out of suggestions for you :unsure:

the rears are marshalls and the front 2 are different makes (one of them is nankangs) never even thought of the tyres! but on my old alloys i had avons and theyre a good make and the problem was still there!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links