Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iat Sensor

jaseb00

JUST WONDERING <_<

My mate has removed his sensor & bridged it with a resistor, he says it has improved his bhp by bout 8, i have seen this on a few web sites but has anyone tried it and does it work???

sorry if this has been answered before and i am been a newbie :censor:

cheers

anyway

JUST WONDERING <_<

My mate has removed his sensor & bridged it with a resistor, he says it has improved his bhp by bout 8, i have seen this on a few web sites but has anyone tried it and does it work???

sorry if this has been answered before and i am been a newbie  :censor:

cheers

anyway

You might get a bit more BHP inder some conditions because it basically has the effect on making the engine run richer. Personally I think this is a bad idea, you'll use more petrol and if the mixture is too rich it can be bad for your engine.

I have heard this to be bad for your engine.

Running too rich can cause soot to build up on the inside of the valves and top of pistons (over time) causing higer compression, and bad valve seals leading to major probs.

Id steer clear of all these quick bhp gains you see on eBay etc.... give your saxo 30 more bhp...guaranteed !!!...yeah right, its just tricking the ecu and saying MAX fuel all the time, becuase the ecu thinks there is more air than there really is !

I have heard this to be bad for your engine.

Running too rich can cause soot to build up on the inside of the valves and top of pistons (over time) causing higer compression, and bad valve seals leading to major probs.

Id steer clear of all these quick bhp gains you see on ebay etc.... give your saxo 30 more bhp...guaranteed !!!...yeah right, its just tricking the ecu and saying MAX fuel all the time, becuase the ecu thinks there is more air than there really is !

Yeah, apparently what happens is, the rich mixture causes acid in the exhaust gasses this condenses inside the engine when you switch it off and can eat away at the bores. A rich mixture could also knacker the cat. Anyway, running the engine rich will not always increase power, you could actually lose power in warmer temperatures.

Thats correct.

More power is actually created from a leaner mixture, but a leaner mixture is more (possibly) dangerouse to the engine, as its more possible to get det.

Over fueling prevents this possiblity. tubbys MAX fuel at high revs to prevent det, which actually over fuels, but its safety !

Thats correct.

More power is actually created from a leaner mixture, but a leaner mixture is more (possibly) dangerouse to the engine, as its more possible to get det.

Over fueling prevents this possiblity. tubbys MAX fuel at high revs to prevent det, which actually over fuels, but its safety !

:huh:

Will give that a miss then!!!

anyone know any good induction kits at the right price <_<

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links