Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Advice On Buying A Yaris

davebradford

I am looking to swap my Nissan Almera with a Yaris 1.3 16 V VVT-I and i have about £5300 to spend. Do these version come with air con and cd player.

Also are these cars cheap to run etc etc, I would like your reviews please.

Hiya - Yaris is an excellent choice - I have a 54 plate T-Spirit, which comes with CD player and air con! Mine is a newer model though, so perhaps try an SR model (or possibly a CDX, I think they have air con). I'm guessing cd player and air con are essentials!

Had a look on Parkers for you as you can possibly get an 03 plate Yaris T-Spirit for about your price (with a little haggling!) or you can get a 52 plate SR for similar cash!

I love my little Yaris - I'm now on my second (as you can see from my sig pic!) and they are fab little cars - the 1.3 engine is especially punchy and IMO its very fun to drive!

Great cars to drive,, loads of fun. browse about the forums and you will learn what us Yaris owners think of our cars.

You can now get a brand new T2 for under 6 grand.

Edit: sorry.. i meant a 54 plate.

Also are these cars cheap to run etc etc, I would like your reviews please.

Cheap to run? I'll say! They laugh at petrol stations and, having Toyota reliablility, spend more time on the road than they do in garages.

You've made a good choice. :yes:

Good choice of car :)

Like it's already been mentioned, you can get a new T2 but that wouldnt have air con or a cd-player, the T2 is a very basic model.

Have you had a look around on autotrader etc?

You wont regret choosing a Yaris btw ;)

Blue

Also looking at a Fabia.

Seen a nice 1.3 16V VVT-I CDX Yreg ( 2001) for £5450 with 56000 miles on the clock, is this to much money for this car and is the mileage to high, worried about the cambelt costs.

You cant go wrong with that little car - its a bargain! :thumbsup:

CD players arent expensive these days anyway!

Yes, get one...

Sorry, were you looking for something more specific? :lol:

The Yaris is ludicrously cheap to run, has lots of space inside, is clever, safe (trust DA and I on this), good looking and comfortable.

If you're only even on short to medium trips then a 1.0 punches well above its weight engine-wise. For more motorway work then you're better with the 1.3 because its better for cruising. If you're a high-mileageer like myself then the pokey 1.4 diesel is the way to go and, finally, if you want sporty handling and "pose factor" (stand by for my flaming :lol: ) the 1.5 of the T-Sport is the way to go. All engines are faultlessly reliable and economical.

Hope that's some sort of help,

Alan :thumbsup:

I'm ardently pro-diesel, so I'm going to vote for the 1.4 D4-D!

But I understand they are a bit hard to find in the used market so it might not be realistic. Could it be that diesel owners are just more content with their cars and don't want to sell 'em?

All I know is with the diesel you get more torque than the top of the range T-sport 1.5 and better fuel economy than the little 1.0 and that sounds good to me! Throw in a performance chip, air intake and a mild suspension upgrade and you're golden.

That said, I drive a verso variant with the 1.5! But I would have taken the diesel had Toyota seen fit to give me the choice.

Dave,

dont worry about cambelt costs as i'm pretty sure the yaris's are chain driven :thumbsup:

Rash

I know the 1.5 1NZ-FE is chain driven at least, I've got one.

That most likely means all the "NZ" family engines are chain driven as well, so that includes the 1.3 and, I think, the 1.0 as well.

Can't speak to the diesel, but I think only a fool would fit an interference engine with a belt. I remember being :ffs: when I found out my Volkswagen TDI was belt driven. The TDI's are brilliant but I'd like to think Toyota is smart enough to fit a T-chain to their diesels, especially if they had the foresight to do it with the NZ motors.

Belts suck. Only possible advantage is a slightly quieter valvetrain, but who cares? Is that worth spending a few hundred to have the thing changed every 60k miles or so??? More than anything I think it's to save cost. It's not as severe if the belt snaps on a non-interference engine, but it still sucks. Critical parts shouldn't be designed to fail, that's the bottom line IMO.

Hiya - Yaris is an excellent choice - I have a 54 plate T-Spirit, which comes with CD player and air con! Mine is a newer model though, so perhaps try an SR model (or possibly a CDX, I think they have air con). I'm guessing cd player and air con are essentials!

Had a look on Parkers for you as you can possibly get an 03 plate Yaris T-Spirit for about your price (with a little haggling!) or you can get a 52 plate SR for similar cash!

I love my little Yaris - I'm now on my second (as you can see from my sig pic!) and they are fab little cars - the 1.3 engine is especially punchy and IMO its very fun to drive!

I can't wait to get mine its a car that me and steve are thinking of getting .Hopefully in the not too distant future

I can't wait to get mine its a car that me and steve are thinking of getting .Hopefully in the not too distant future

Go for it Rach - get Steve to dust those wallet-webs away (again! lol) and treat you to one! :yes::lol::thumbsup:

You can't go wrong with a Yaris - they are smart, fun, good-looking, economical AND extremely safe - as we know from Knightrider!

wouldnt mind a Yaris but it would have to be the 1.3 t sport and id want to fit a supercharger on it

When the time comes i'll sell the MR2 and we will get one as i wouldnt feel safe with Rach driving the MR2 as its just too powerful.

wouldnt mind a Yaris but it would have to be the 1.3 t sport and id want to fit a supercharger on it

Hmm, interesting theory if you could get a 1.3 T-Sport :lol:

Hmm, interesting theory if you could get a 1.3 T-Sport :lol:

Sorry you will have to excuse me i know very little about Yaris's as (please dont take offence) i never really look at cars with engines of under 2.0litres and then they have to have a turbo on them and even then im not happy so i unbolt the turbo and put a bigger one on.

Sorry for my ignorance

Made myself look a bit of a pratt :lol:

Sorry you will have to excuse me i know very little about Yaris's as (please dont take offence) i never really look at cars with engines of under 2.0litres and then they have to have a turbo on them and even then im not happy so i unbolt the turbo and put a bigger one on.

Sorry for my ignorance

Made myself look a bit of a pratt :lol:

nah just thought I would help you out a bit - the TS has a 1.5 engine only..Kimi has supercharged her one too.

Thanks for being kind

Rach saw Kimi's one at a meet and she wants one in black and i want the Supercharger :drool: (got to have my forced induction) and i dont mind driving to germany to get it.

Thanks for being kind

Rach saw Kimi's one at a meet and she wants one in black and i want the Supercharger :drool: (got to have my forced induction) and i dont mind driving to germany to get it.

lol I have a feeling I'm going to want a black supercharged TS when I see Kimis too! :lol:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I bought  the Skoda Fabia.

Oh well - the Fabia is nice too (although I have to say, not as nice as the Yaris IMO!)

Then again I would say that - I am very biased! I looked at Fabias when I bought my 1st Yaris, but there was no comparison for me personally!

All the best with your new car! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links