Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This How My Mk1 Should Be?

un1eash

Hi there, still gettin use to my mk1. Not sure but it doesnt seem right when i get speed up and can feel every little bump through the steering wheel, the car doesnt pull to any side but does feel unsafe at high speeds. The wheel shakes like mad sometimes, what could it be if anything?

Cheers

Check your tyres and/or tracking, MR2's are sports cars so the ride will always be on the firm side anyway

Had my tyres and tracking done, ive narrowed the problem down to warped brake disks and overtighning of the wheel bolts so ive got myself a torque wrench, some new pads and disks. Will see tomorrow if that solves the problem.

I was gonna add to check that you havent got a loose or even buckled wheel, your shocks and springs are probably pretty tired anyway, along with any bushes etc...............that hasnt helped you at all really has it :rolleyes:

My shocks and bushs are in great condition considering the cars age. Ive checked all bushes and there's no free play at all. Everything is straight and tight.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links