Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Redex & Leather

Demonic Angel

Got a slight problem - well not me - my dear 'im indoors!

He bought some Redex petrol treatment to try and cure a problem with his 206's engine backfiring - used some of the stuff and it seemed to work - yayy for Redex! He threw it on his back seat and carried on with life.....

The bottle leaked! And has left a lovely pink stain on his leather upholstery! We havent tried to clean it out yet because we dont know what to use - any suggestions? It wouldnt be so bad if it was black leather, but its beige and it looks really bad and stinks to high heaven!

Not a cat in hells chance of selling the bleeding car now! :rolleyes:

Anyone got any ideas? We dont want to make the problem any worse than it already is - it seems like its soaked right into the leather - so not a wipe clean jobby.....

Its either that or try and find that part of the seat in the same colour elsewhere!

I can't see that comming out sorry!!!!

either get some of the "scuff coat" type leather cleaner or reconolising "paint", or aa new seat section!

I am very very carefull about what goes on my leather seats...

I only ever put bottles f anything in plastic bags in my boot!!

BUGGER!

Thanks anyway mate - we'll try what you suggested and if not, looks like we'll be off to a breakers yard or something to try and find another seat section in that colour leather!

There goes my dreams of him ever buying a new Jap car...... :crybaby:

It can..... might cost a pretty penny although it may be cheaper than buying a new one.... we'll look into that - thanks Blue.

I'm not technically minded but I'm sure it wouldnt be too expensive? As leather is a popular option for cars these-days accidents probably happen quite often, the yellow pages might have a few numbers to call?

can't you stain the rest of the leather with redex too? it'll at least look uniform.

'yeah, it's the limited edition 206 pink'. Very rare to find one in this condition..........................'

can't you stain the rest of the leather with redex too? it'll at least look uniform.

'yeah, it's the limited edition 206 pink'. Very rare to find one in this condition..........................'

Could do - although Rich definately wont want to drive said limited edition 206 pink anymore! :lol::lol:

The rest of the leather is green - and I doubt green and pink would go! lol

You could try using "Saddle Soap".....used on horses leather saddles to keep them clean.

Not sure though if it will get rid of soaked in petroleum products.

Rich is not having much luck in selling the Pug ...........he shudda bought Jap ;)

Rich is not having much luck in selling the Pug ...........he shudda bought Jap ;)

Tell me about it! :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links