Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safc2 Reset

veilside_mr2

does anybody know how to reset the safc2 back to default settings?

or change it so it just monitors and doesnt affect the airflow and fuelling?

cheers :blink:

good stuff fella.

while we're on topic.

1. how do you find the safc - is it rated.

2. how easy is it to set up? can you do it yourself easily-ish, how long - hours.

3. how easy was it to reset :P

i may get one, now im going off the unichip idea.

I got me a S-AFC2 a while ago too, neat gadget but you really need to tune it on the dyno to get your moneys worth out if it. Set up is very easy if youre comfortable routing wires through the car and connecting to the ECU, 8 wires in total I think (I used ethernet LAN wire which was perfect for the job!) 2-3 hours max including set-up. Resetting is just a menu option I think :P

To be honest though Id go with a unichip if you can afford it!

hello mate,

safc2 is not a bad little gadget, depends if u can get one cheap really..i got mine for £180, so it was a good buy. But I think they retail at about £250ish, so if I was you id get a e-manage or if u can afford it a unichip.

Dont get me wrong the s-afc does a decent enough job, and if u have a fuel regulator too u can use that to make larger changes and the s-afc to fine tune.

Install as said..is pretty easy, setting-up tho is definately a dyno/rr job if you want it done properly, and the reset thing..well..

there is a option called initialize which I was told to do...but if u do that, it wipes everything and u need to put in all the base settings etc again.

I just snipped the airflow meter in and out wires and joined them together, so effectively bypassing the safc altogether until I can get it mapped again.

The reason i did this was because whilst it was in the bodyshop some a-hole has been messing with the settings :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links